Brewer Fanatic

Dave Bush signs minor league deal with Rangers

trwi7

Good move for Bush since this gives him a chance to work under Maddux's tutelage again. I wonder if that'll help him become someone whose performance can once again justifiably be looked at as half-full rather than half-empty.

I also wonder if other MLB teams were in serious pursuit, but Bush picked Texas because of Maddux.

That ballpark is a pretty horrible match for Bush. Surprised a team like the Mets or Padres didn't sign him or heck even the Giants instead of taking Suppan, pretty much any pitcher can succeed in those ballparks as long as they can keep their walks down.

That ballpark is a pretty horrible match for Bush. Surprised a team like the Mets or Padres didn't sign him or heck even the Giants instead of taking Suppan, pretty much any pitcher can succeed in those ballparks as long as they can keep their walks down.

He's more likely to start the season in Round Rock (Rangers new AAA affiliate) than his is in Arlington anyway, so why not go where the major league pitching coach knows you well and would recommend you when an opening arises?. Generally speaking when Bush is on, he's fine, and when he starts giving up HR, they go out of any park. Besides if he does end up starting some games for Texas, I think he figures to get plenty of run support.

i always liked Bush. he usually has great peripherals, but just has those lapses in concentration. i wonder maybe if he had a veteran SP to mentor him that he could very well turn out to be a decent pitcher in the Majors. i don't disagree with Milwaukee cutting him loose, but i sure hope he catches on with the Rangers or somewhere else and ends up playing for a lot more years.

I think Bush is better than a lot of #5 starters out there, so I'm surprised he didn't get a major league offer. Bush gave his all for the Brewers and a lot of his bad numbers came from pitching when his arm had to hurt pretty bad from getting drilled with a line drive. I certainly hope he's able to pitch in the majors in 2011, as I believe he deserves it.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Archived