Brewer Fanatic

Are Brewers fans going to Fenway this year?

AJAY
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will be there Friday and Saturday as well. Have front row at the Pesky Pole. Get the feeling Lord Stanley will be visiting Fenway just like for the White Sox last year, it's pretty cool. Kind of hope the parade is Saturday just because of my 1PM arrival Friday and getting in to downtown!!

got tickets for Friday and Sunday. we're gonna try a last minute stubhub for saturday.

i'm pretty stoked, lets hope the weather holds out...i'm guessing because it's against the sox they can't really make it up too easily...and i've never been to a doubleheader before.

i'll be wearing my retro Braun jersey, powder blue Yount jersey, and either a navy Matthews jersey or a Navy Hall now covered in duct tape "Plush" jersey. All while sporting a fu-manchu.

It did for the day/night DH in 2008. That was particularly brutal because Game 1 was on FOX at 4 pm, and they had to clear the entire stadium for the second game, an 8:35 first pitch. The neighborhood was chaotic between games. Friday ticketholders could use their tickets for the 8:35 game.

I imagine there will be a 1 pm/7 pm DH on Saturday, with the Friday tickets good for the 7 pm game.

I have tickets for Friday and Saturday and am heading home Sunday 5pm. I supposed I am screwed now if tomorrow gets rained out (sketchy on and off showers forecasted tomorrow) and they probably now can't do the doubleheader on Saturday, correct? Probably will have to do it on Sunday, but my game will probably be the night cap on Sunday and I will be on a plane back to Milwaukee. Wonderful news. Glad the Bruins won.....http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

No rain please Friday or I will have to sell back my tickets to the broker that sold them to me...... Or please Red Sox schedule a later Saturday early game (3PM) and a night cap after that one for the second of the twin bill......doubtful....

I'm flying to Boston tomorrow and coming back early Saturday. If the Friday game gets rained out, I'm [expletive deleted]. We have two extras too if anyone is interested.

(edit: language --1992)

Formerly Andersoc420

I posted this in yesterday's In-Game Thread, but I'll repost here. With the exception of the '08 playoff game I attended, this was the best Brewers experience I have had. Tons of Brewers fans all over. The ballpark is great and Boston fans are the most intelligent I have come across. Fantastic time, and should be on everyone's 'must do' list. I saw a Yankees/Rangers game at Yankee Stadium on Tuesday, and Fenway is a 10x better experience.

Anyone see the four Brewers fans dressed in 1982 gear, complete with short shorts, tight t-shirts, and striped socks? A couple of guys had awesome 80s style facial hair. They looked like they came out of a time machine. They were a massive hit with the Boston fans.

The Boston fans have been great. Most were pretty loaded and I was expecting to be heckled ridiculously. Not the case at all. Boston is a class act and some college aged kids came up to us and said "You guys have the best fans we've dealt with in years, we hope to see you again out here in October"

We sat next to a guy last night that was mocking himself and his boston accent. It was great. It started out with (read with a boston accent) "C'mon Johnny Lestah, throwin strikes now kid" and later had a bit going "When Papelbon comes running out the pen and they got the Murphy's playing ovah the intahcom there, the place gets very electric, you can really feel the atmosphere, you really really do" I almost fell out of my seat, and had him do it again so I could tape it on my phone. Epic.

So far it's been great, but the 8 dollar 12oz Coors Lights could be fixed.

Side note: Anyone else miss Friday's game cuz of Frontier turning us around? Worst day, but all was forgotten yesterday after the best day.

It was an interesting time to be in Boston. We walked through Boston Common just after the Stanley Cup parade ended on Saturday. There was a very drunk and shady element in the park during this time. We got heckled a bit by some of these clowns. There were a handful of dudes too who wanted to engage in talking about how awesome their city has been at sports over the last 10 years (they've no doubt had an awesome run). I just nodded, smiled, and congratulated them on the Stanley Cup.

All in all though, the vast majority of their fans were cool, if not somewhat surprised that there were as many Brewers fans as there were. The fans we sat by were great. Fenway is really cool to see (I went a few years ago too when the Brewers were there last time). The seats were a tad uncomfortable for a big guy like myself, but the stadium had a nice clean, classic feel to it. It's a lot more interesting to visit than Wrigley in my opinion.

TracyThom wrote:

Anyone see the four Brewers fans dressed in 1982 gear, complete with short shorts, tight t-shirts, and striped socks? A couple of guys had awesome 80s style facial hair. They looked like they came out of a time machine. They were a massive hit with the Boston fans.

You mean these guys?

253615_10100516101600137_8608257_63335388_4794087_n.jpg

Everyone was taking pictures of them, Red Sox and Brewers fans alike. They were like the Beatles.

I am not Shea Vucinich

TracyThom wrote:

You mean these guys?

253615_10100516101600137_8608257_63335388_4794087_n.jpg

Everyone was taking pictures of them, Red Sox and Brewers fans alike. They were like the Beatles.

Oh yeah, that's them. I got my photo with them too.

My wife has a photo of us with them on Facebook, some Boston friends of ours also posed for pics with them.

Oveall, the fans were great, lots of comments on surprised they were at the number of Brewer fans, they said it was more than any team they can remember, even the Yankees.

Friday night a, "Let's go Brewers!" chant broke out behind home plate and along 3rd base and it was pretty loud, a few Boston fans around us said they have never heard a visiting chant that loud. Sadly, it didn't help.

On Sunday the fans behind us told me they were from Maine and had bought tickets hoping to see thier son's best friend pitch for the Brewers. I asked if it was Mark Rogers and they were surprised I knew his name. I told them I knew he had some arm troubles early in the year after a decent September last year which kept him off the big league roster to start, even with ZG hurt. They were aware and said they were just at his wedding in November.

Was at all three games and had a blast, even though we only won one game. All of the Boston fans were great. Walking back to the hotel after Friday night's game we realized we were behind Doug Melvin and Gord Ash. Unfortunately they were at the head of the pack, and we were at the back, so we never were able to catch up to them. Still, it was kind of funny to realize the bigwigs were doing the 20-25 minute walk from the park the rest of us were. We actually did a travel package with the Red Sox, so Saturday afternoon we were able to tour the park, go down onto the field and inside the Green Monster, meet Dustin Pedroia, try on the World Series rings, and sit and watch the Red Sox take BP in an otherwise empty park. It was an amazing experience, and I highly recommend it to anyone interested in visiting Fenway.

I had a great time in Boston attending Friday and Saturday's game. I loved the atmosphere and ambience at Fenway Park. It was amazing to see so many Brewers fans at the game and around the city. Great job by the people of Wisconsin for making it out there in big numbers. Even the plane flights were fun with so many passengers wearing Brewers clothing.

I thought the Red Sox fans were very nice too. (I guess it helps that we don't really have any rivalry with them anymore).

One of my favorite moments was when a bunch of people in my section sang "Roll Out the Barrell" after the victory on Saturday. There were a lot of confused Red Sox fans staring at us http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

My cousin's wife hooked us up with ridiculous tickets on Saturday night. We were 7 rows behind Mark A and Doug Melvin. I shook Mark's hand and thanked him for helping make us relevant again. Also stood up and yelled T Plush when Nyger came up and got the finger point and head nod. Overall it was a great experience and I didn't have any problems with Sox fans.

One other thing I haven't seen mentioned, the Red Sox store was selling really cool retro style shirts that said Fenway Park Interleague, Boston vs. Milwaukee, featuring the Barrelman logo and this old school Red Sox logo below, I had to get one, going to wear it to the game tomorrow.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/50/ALE-BOS-Logo-Old09.png/150px-ALE-BOS-Logo-Old09.png

Archived