Brewer Fanatic

Are Brewers fans going to Fenway this year?

AJAY

Just wondering if any Brewers fans are planning to go to Fenway Park this year to catch the Brewers series. I remember hearing and reading about how Brewers fans showed up at Fenway in huge numbers back in 2008. I was wondering if it will be as popular this season. I myself am thinking of possibly going this year.

This was an article from 2008 . . .

http://milwaukee.brewers....p;fext=.jsp&c_id=mil

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was there in 2008 and I was stunned at the amount of Brewers fans there. It was awesome on Saturday until Suppan allowed 3 in the first immediately.

I would highly recommend anyone who missed out last time to go. Very easy to get to from downtown and very restaurant and bar friendly. Atmosphere inside stadium is incredible. It is a must to cross off bucket list.

We are going to the Friday and Sunday games. I didn't want to deal with paying inflated ticket prices or waiting forever in the virtual waiting room so I went ahead and bought 2 different four packs which included Brewers games and now need to sell six other games but I still think that will turn out to be easier then trying to get the tickets through the normal means.

I am making plans as well. Fly in to BOS early Friday, tour the city, and then catch the game that night. Next morning make the 4 hour drive to Cooperstown. Tourthe Baseball HOF all day and then get a hotel in Albany or somewhere in western Mass. Saturday night. Then drive back to Boston and catch the finale on Sunday. After the game, catch the 5:00 pm Airtran flight back to Milwaukee. That's my plan so far.

Einhorn is Finkle, I may take your advice on buying two different 4-packs. That sounds much easier then trying to buy individual tix.

I like the plan, TracyThom, but to be honest, you really can't appreciate the HOF in just one day. A true baseball fan would need to spend about 3 days there to take it ALL in.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I like the plan, TracyThom, but to be honest, you really can't appreciate the HOF in just one day. A true baseball fan would need to spend about 3 days there to take it ALL in.

Ditto this. I saw the HoF in one afternoon, and honestly feel like I got about a 25% experience. I would love to go back someday & have two full days to peruse.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

My wife and I are celebrating our ten year wedding anniversary at Fenway this year. We have already locked in air, hotel, and although the tickets go on sale tomorrow to the general public, we went ahead already and bought tickets for the Friday and Saturday games from a broker who buys from season ticket holders to secure two seats together in the lower bleachers to get around the obstructed view issues. At least out there we will be safe from obstructed views since I don't know much about the park. Always a little leary buying second hand tickets, but to get into Fenway and sit where you want and to be together, you probably have to go that route.

I can't wait!

I went back in 2008 and had a blast. Brewer fans were everywhere. The whole atmosphere is phenomenal. Fans were great. They say flat out, we love all baseball fans except Yankee fans. They hate the Yankees. Thinking about it makes me want to go back again this year! Go Crew! (Lets just try and not get swept this time around)

Three of my friends from college and I are making the trip. The tickets went on sale this morning. I was in the "virtual waiting room" as soon as it opened up (about 20 minutes before they went on sale). I waited two hours for the honor to be able to purchase 4 standing room only seats for Friday night's game. On the plus side, our beer budget just go a whole lot bigger!
Gruber Lawffices

I got through the virtual waiting room in about 45 minutes, but I'm going with my dad, so SRO tickets really aren't feasible. Instead, we booked a package through Red Sox Destinations. Seems like a decent deal, we get good seats for all the games, plus our hotel is taken care of, and we get a VIP tour of Fenway and lunch with a Red Sox player. Hopefully there will be a lot of Brewer fans who are also doing the package too.

Ditto this. I saw the HoF in one afternoon, and honestly feel like I got about a 25% experience. I would love to go back someday & have two full days to peruse.

If you do go to the hall of fame and you like beer take a trip to Ommegang Brewery. It is very close to Cooperstown.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Oddly, I just found 4 seats together for the Saturday game at Fenway, at 4:30pm this afternoon, after only finding SRO tickets at 9:30am this morning. Starting to wonder if they're releasing tickets gradually.

Needless to say, I now have SRO tickets that'll be up on StubHub shortly.

I saw a 3game series there vs Brewers in 1987. What an awful, ugly stadium. I hope the renovations since then have made lots of improvements. Then again, Im not one for nostalgia. I cant stand wrigley either. The old yankee stadium (same roadtrip) was very nice.

I was there in 2008 and like others have said, I was shocked by the number of Brewer fans in attendance. There were even a few "Let's go Brewers" chants that lasted until they were drowned out by Red Sox fans. I don't think I've ever been prouder to be a fan.

I don't know if I'll be back, seeing as I will be following the Bucks to Boston in March and I'd rather see the Crew play at Yankee Stadium.

• 2 weeks later...
I am planning on going to Boston this year but I have no idea where to stay in Boston in terms of a hotel. I am looking to see at least two of the three games and I am just stuck on picking a hotel since I have never been to Boston before. I have been to New York City but never Boston and have no idea where to stay or the best place to stay at.

I am planning on going to Boston this year but I have no idea where to stay in Boston in terms of a hotel. I am looking to see at least two of the three games and I am just stuck on picking a hotel since I have never been to Boston before. I have been to New York City but never Boston and have no idea where to stay or the best place to stay at.

We are staying at the Buckminster which is a half mile at most from Fenway. We got a base room with the AAA discount for $149 per night for Friday and Saturday. I also looked at the Howard Johnson too which is right near by Fenway. Good luck.

We are staying at the Buckminster which is a half mile at most from Fenway. We got a base room with the AAA discount for $149 per night for Friday and Saturday. I also looked at the Howard Johnson too which is right near by Fenway. Good luck.

I was looking at the Hyatt Regency which is just across the river I believe it is from Fenway. Anyone ever stay there before?

• 1 month later...

Archived