Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Concession Contest: Vote online for a new MP menu item (Reply 31: Winner announced)

hawing
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had the Rocky Mountain oysters twice at Coors Field last year. They are actually really good and basically taste like chicken tenders, though a little chewier. The only thing I didn't like was that they served it with some kind of weird dipping sauce. They would have been even better with ranch.

I love trying new types of food, and definitely consider myself pretty unbiased in terms of what I'll try... but I just don't think I could bring myself to try Rocky Mountain Oysters. *shudder*

Well I will say that the first time I had them, I had been indulging in some adult beverages for awhile so that made it easier. But the next day I ordered them again without drinking and they were just as good.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

+1 on that TLB

I'm guessing that there were licensing or patent issues preventing the cheese covered deep fried bacon wrapped bratwurst that guy sells (or used to sell) outside of Lambeau? Hell, is there any legitimate reason to order something other than a brat with Stadium Secret Sauce?

I got $20 that says they didn't even think of the potential hazards of a skewer.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm kind of disappointed that the item that was arguably the most boring won. Oh well.

Edit: I saw this line after re-reading the JSOnline story and it turns out they'll be having poutine as well!

Although Poutine with Cheese Curds finished second in the overall fan voting, it will also be added to the Miller Park menu for 2011.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I'd like to think they added the 2nd "winner" (even though he doesn't get the big prize) because of this quote from the story in the JS this morning:

"I used to do a lot of breakfast stuff - mostly stuff that has bacon in it, because bacon is just delicious."

Although Poutine with Cheese Curds finished second in the overall fan voting, it will also be added to the Miller Park menu for 2011.

The power of DM!

Come on, Mark, I got you Marcum and Greinke this offseason, and that. You have to get me the poutine, and that.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

looking forward to having some poutine the 2nd game of the season which is my traditional opening day!

Not sure about the poutine, but I'm right with you on the "2nd game being my opening day" thing.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I figured the Sausage skewer seemed like a natural marketing idea. Allows people to try all 5 without eating one of each. Plus, throw in some veggies or pineapple between and its healthier than just a normal sausage on a bun. (How Rocky Mountain Oysters got connected with health food is beyond me).

As for the skewer, I would imagine a fairly blunt stick, ala a corn dog stick would not be cause for any harm.

And when you put any food on a stick, it makes it taste better!

Gonna have to grab some Poutine on the way in.. I suspect the lines for this crap are going to be long for the novelty.

I submitted a sausage based item that didn't get a look... There is a local sausage producer that makes buffalo flavored chicken sausage (like 70% less fat to boot) and I suggested serving these on a bun with the usual wing condiments.. A cup of blue cheese dressing, and a crap load of celery sticks, which cost nothing, but is a great side...

Slicing sausages and skewering them on kabob sticks is going to lead to problems...

I still like the old cup o pizza idea..

I submitted a sausage based item that didn't get a look... There is a local sausage producer that makes buffalo flavored chicken sausage (like 70% less fat to boot) and I suggested serving these on a bun with the usual wing condiments.. A cup of blue cheese dressing, and a crap load of celery sticks, which cost nothing, but is a great side...

Wow. This would have been amazing.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Gonna have to grab some Poutine on the way in.. I suspect the lines for this crap are going to be long for the novelty.

Slicing sausages and skewering them on kabob sticks is going to lead to problems...

Who?!? I need to know this. It sounds amazing.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Who?!? I need to know this. It sounds amazing.

I don't know who BCZF was referring t,o but in Stevens Point, Ski's Meat Market makes some amazing sausages...including buffalo chicken, jalapeño, inferno (made with habenero peppers), and a bunch of others that aren't spicy.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Aside from the buffalo chicken sausage as a menu item, can you imagine how great a racing sausage costume that would make??? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

But if its not made by Klements, its not going to make the cut...

Archived