Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Concession Contest: Vote online for a new MP menu item (Reply 31: Winner announced)

hawing

Vote on brewers.com

Over the last month or so, the Brewers solicited recipes for a new addition to the Miller Park menu. They've narrowed down the field to four finalists, on which fans can vote until midnight on February 3. (Voting does require submitting your name and contact information to mlb.com.)

The choices are Chicken Parmesan Sandwich, Famous Racing Sausage Kabobs, Poutine with Cheese Curds, and Tilapia Fish Tacos.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All 5 sausage sampled on a kabob, how can this one not win. I might be expensive but what isn't at the ballpark. My vote definitely went for the kabob

Austin 5:29

Life never slows down, so always make it exciting #moveit

That kabob sounds delicious. I would worry about the sharp skewers in the hands of the typical Miller Park Drunk or worse yet, a Cubs Fan.
I wondered the same, RyDogg. My guess is that the selection of these four items as finalists means that Brewers employees did at least some vetting of options, i.e. the Brewers must consider these to be plausibly salable at Miller Park.

I would also not be surprised if the winning entry becomes a "club level only" option, where skewer fights might be less likely than, say, in terrace reserved.

Edit: My coworker, who is not a sports fan, asked if the poutine might come with contact information for nearby cardiologists, or maybe even Brewers-colored stents. This could be a terrific tie-in with Froedtert, whom I assume/hope is still a Brewers sponsor.

Jeez, its as if nobody has actually eaten any good food in this city? Anything that is not fried, heavy in meat, or full of cheese? The kabob is just sticking sausage pieces on a stick. Potine and curds is just fries and cheese. Chicken parmesan is cheap fried chicken, cheese, and tomato sauce. The tilapia tacos are ok, but still nothing special (fish pieces in a tortilla), and I bet they will charge a ton for them (even through tilapia is fairly cheap in the stores). What a jip. The best choice is still to buy outside and carry in.

Dungeous crab sandwich (San Francisco), Sushi (Seattle), Beef fajitas (Houston), Rocky mountain oysters (Denver).

Frankly, a subway or cousins cart are probably about the healthiest we can ever hope to get there, which doesn't say much.

Geddy, take a walk around Milwaukee (or anywhere in Wisco for that matter) and tell me what percentage of the population you think is eating "good" or "healthy" food here.

Also, aren't Rocky Mountain Oysters testicles? Sounds like something Cubs fans might be more interested in!!!!

Yeesh geddy, I think your standards are a bit high for ballpark food. Don't forget these were fan submitted. Did you submit your recipe?

Actually in the last couple years, they have added some new options like the noodle cart, etc. There's enough variety where you don't have to eat brats and fried cheese if you don't want to.

I voted for poutine, mainly because it looks tasty and I've never actually had it before.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Brewers.com video on concession contest

Doug Melvin favors poutine and that! A few of the near-misses are visible or mentioned in the video, like bacon wrapped hotdogs and a turkey burger with avocado on a pretzel roll. Yum.

A chef interviewed in the clip stated that the Brewers now have a smoker.

Sure dungeness crab will play well for ballpark food at a ballpark so close to the ocean.. You wanna talk about unhealthy, check the all you can eat Dodgers sections..

It's all garbage, don't come here and look down your nose like your some kind of gourmand.. And don't generalize a city/state because of your narrow perspective..

go figure, i guess "poutine" means french fries. just say french fries.

i'm not exactly thumbing my nose at the food, but i'll stick with the beer.

the kabobs have potential, but to add "Racing Sausages" to the title just makes me think that i'm ramming a sword through each of them, and it becomes too sad to eat. eat the losing sausages, i guess.

The Red Dot serves poutine and it is awesome. I don't know how creative these are though, especially the sausage kabob. I guess that is added since it can features the racing sausages. I still think my bacon-wrapped chorizo-stuffed jalapenos would be better than these.

I had the Rocky Mountain oysters twice at Coors Field last year. They are actually really good and basically taste like chicken tenders, though a little chewier. The only thing I didn't like was that they served it with some kind of weird dipping sauce. They would have been even better with ranch.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

hawing wrote:

A few of the near-misses are visible or mentioned in the video, like bacon wrapped hotdogs and a turkey burger with avocado on a pretzel roll.

Pretzel rolls are awesome.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I had the Rocky Mountain oysters twice at Coors Field last year. They are actually really good and basically taste like chicken tenders, though a little chewier. The only thing I didn't like was that they served it with some kind of weird dipping sauce. They would have been even better with ranch.

I love trying new types of food, and definitely consider myself pretty unbiased in terms of what I'll try... but I just don't think I could bring myself to try Rocky Mountain Oysters. *shudder*

I actually like the sausage kebab idea, even if it's not really innovative. Sure it's simple, but I like that you can sample each type of sausage.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I quite like fish tacos, but there's no way I'd ever order them at a baseball game. Ballparks should stick to foods that can be easily prepared and can stand to wait around for a while before being eaten. Something about the idea of stale tortillas and lukewarm tilapia doesn't sound too exciting to me.

I'd like the idea of a four-pack of mini sausages in buns. Chorizo, Italian, Polish, and Bratwurst all in little buns with the proper accompaniments. Better yet, replace the Polish with smoked Andouille...

Mmmm...meat in tube form...

I'd like the idea of a four-pack of mini sausages in buns. Chorizo, Italian, Polish, and Bratwurst all in little buns with the proper accompaniments.
I've seen a "sliders" menu item at MP - I want to say in 2009, though I could be off by a year either way - which was basically three little sausages in little buns. I don't recall if it was a three pack of the same sausage or a variety pack. The S.O. tried it once and said it was OK but not a $9 value.

I'm eager for something in a pretzel roll now. Someone find me a pretzel roll in downtown Madison!

Archived