Brewer Fanatic

Brewers sign Jeremy Reed as a NRI

PrinceEatMeat

He was quite a prospect back in the day. Then he hit AAA and was merely OK. Still, he can play CF and bats left handed. If I was Boggs or even Dickerson, I'd be sceered.

"The day" for Reed was 2004. It's 2011 and he turns 30 in June and it's not like he hasn't had chances. Old timers might remember a guy named Bill Sharp who the Brewers once traded Bobby Coluccio for. Without even looking, I equated the 2 and sure enough Bill Sharp was listed as #6 similar to Reed. BTW, that's not a good thing. Sharp's most notable achievement as a Brewer was singing the national anthem before a game. Dickerson and Boggs should sleep easy.

Though it seems that every time I've seen this guy play in the past he's done pretty well, looking at the big picture I don't see how he's much more than a Chris Duffy clone at this point. I'm not a huge fan of Dickerson, but I think he's probably the far better option.

If this guy makes the team and, god forbid, has to be used, we are in real trouble. He's not even a good backup. No power, poor hitter, poor OBP. I'd even take Gerut over this guy, or just about anyone else rather than waste a roster spot on him.

I don't think it's a big deal, it's a minor league signing w/ an invite to spring training. He's a good defensive outfielder who will provide depth in AAA. I'm not sure why people would criticize a little deal like this, its not like he's on our 40 man roster.

Archived