Brewer Fanatic

2011 Bobble Dates? (Bobble schedule announced February 9)

TURBO
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe they're getting wise and somehow getting feedback as to what we talk about on this thread. This would sure change the lineup of the bobbles, and would let them know a Wolf bobble wouldn't be the best choice. Keep the suggestions coming as somebody may be listening!

Yes to:

Grienke

Marcum

Gallardo

Sixto

George Scott

Ben Oglive

Ted Simmons

Higuera

Juan Nieves to comemorate the only Brewer No-Hitter...

Rob Deer

No Trevor Hoffman (one is enough), Counsell, or Wolf.

And a giant NO to pink racing sausages...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Amen Turbo. I'd be pretty opeing to any of those. But again, I'd love to see a Cirillo one. As much as I'd love a George Scott one, I kinda think the 70's Brewers lore doesn't really exist and the turnout might not be that good. Sixto could go the same way. Any other ones would be neat. I spose the big thing is get rid of the alternates. Instead of doing the white jersey all the time with the retro alternate, why not do just a gray, or just a navy road, or just a white. I'm kinda bored with the retros. I'd love to see anyone in the 90's blue unis. If your going to do a breast cancer awareness, do a Bonnie Brewer PPPPPPPPLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEE. Doesn't a pink hot dog just remind everyone of a dog's phallis? Just sayin Mr Schlesinger or Mr Steinmiller.

Per the Brewers' Facebook page Wednesday morning:

April 24 - John Axford

May 22 - Casey McGehee

June 12 - Zack Greinke

July 10 - Famous Racing Sausage Hot Dog

August 14 - Craig Counsell

September 25 - Randy Wolf

The Brewers.com promotional schedule page also now has content, though (apart from bobbleheads) it's likely still subject to change.

Edit: The link above includes a photo of the Axford bobble. Nice. Real nice!

http://mlb.mlb.com/mil/images/schedule/y2011/im_axford_180x150.gif

There is also a Miller Lite Beer Vendor bobblehead giveaway (not to all fans, of course), on Saturday, July 30.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Kind of disappointing there's no Gallardo, but there will be chances in the next couple seasons as well.

I noticed the whole promotional schedule is here. They are doing alternate pinstripe bobbles (on at least some dates) this year, and also another Miller Lite vendor bobble on July 30th.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

A Counsell, Wolf and stupid racing sausage but no Gallardo?

At what point should Gallardo be offended? Wolf is starting his 2nd season with the Brewers and he gets a bobble over Gallardo?

Casey, Greinke, and Axford are fine, the other 3?

Is the hot dog going to be pink like rumored?

Disappointed to say the least...

Looks like the Axford, Greinke, Casey, and Wolf will have alternates with pinstripes.

This is what it says about Counsell:

Craig Counsell Bobble Head & German Heritage Day

The Brewers and the Pirates will wear special uniforms as part of German Heritage Day at Miller Park. In addition, all fans will receive a collectible Brewers bobble head doll, featuring Brewers infielder Craig Counsell in a “Bierbrauer” uniform

There is also another Stitch n' Pitch bobble on June 21.

"The first 1,000 needle artists to buy tickets and attend Stitch N’ Pitch Night at Miller Park will receive a free special edition Brewers Stitch N’ Pitch Bobble Head. Tickets must be purchased in advance."

Wonder if this will be the same one as last year, and if so, I am glad I waited!

The Beer Vendor IS the worst bobble ever. It is so stupid looking. Ugh.
Yeah, it was. Who wants a giant Miller Lite bobblehead? Hopefully this year's is different. They should do a contest among their actual beer vendors and make the winner into a bobble, or something like that.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

At last years Miller Lite Beer Vendor bobble game they had a contest of who was the fans' favorite beer vendor. The winner was going to be showcased this year as a bobblehead, so I'm pretty sure that is what this one is going to be (like the two White Sox beer vendors...of actual people and not a bottle.)

On a side note, the Counsell bobble will be different since he'll be wearing a "Bierbrauer" uniform on German Heritage night. I agree that the white jersey's with alternate pinstripes is getting REALLY old, especially since the uniforms are all white and they look all the same on my shelf. Where are the new blue "Milwaukee" uniforms? That would make for a neat bobble!

No Gallardo? Giving away the Greinke bobble when we play St. Louis is almost as dumb as giving away the Charlie Moore bobble when we played the Cubs.

The bobbles that do find their way to the urinals will be covered in some classy urine though.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

I suppose maybe I should sell the 2 hot dog bobbles I already have from 4 years ago now.

Sigh.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived