Brewer Fanatic

Baseball Simulator (and other sports)

buckeyesteve

I was introduced to this site www.dolphinsim.com

I became a coach of a Div III college team (Bryant in the Northeast Conference) in the CCEL. If you like doing recruiting in EA Football and/or like to do some statistical analysis and play calling, amongst other things, I'd say give it a try. You have to start out in DIV III and work your way up. Lots of teams still open. The recruiting is crazy.

For the baseball side - there are 7 or 8 PRO leagues, I just happened to join the IBL because they were looking for some owners. You can probably join others and have as good a time. I literally am in day 1 of owning my baseball team and am working on figuring out who to offer contracts to, who to sign as a RFA, who to cut, manage my budget, look at free agents, and get ready for the draft. I think this particular league has about 7 teams still open. Not sure about the rest.

It's obviously all statistics based but if you like to look at details, this thing has it.

I've NEVER played any simulation game before so this thing could blow entirely and I wouldn't know it. However, there are guys that have been managing teams for lifetimes on there. So far it seems fun.

I'm addicted unfortunately and have spent way too much time looking at all sorts of things. Thought it would be cool if some of you other guys would join and we could talk about it here.

They also have pro & college: baseball, hockey, football, and basketball. also soccer(?!)

If anyone joins let me know. I think you get 5 free leagues for the first seasons of each or something like that. I'm just going to do these 2 and see how it goes from there.

*** EDIT just did my first round of recruiting for college football - harder than I imagined. This isn't a walk in the park but it is CHALLENGING!

Did football recruiting and aimed too high. Tried to overshoot my limits on quality for a Tier 3 team just to get a gauge for the future and now I know not to do that again. I got about half of the campus visits as most everyone else.

Hopefully I can sign a few of these guys and the slug around the bottom dwellers in round 2 and pick up a few roster fillers.

Still working on baseball - tough to figure out how much people are worth in this sim and how to sign as a RFA and who to let walk.

Archived