Brewer Fanatic

"Rising Stars Game" -- Latest: Photo gallery

Mass Haas

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AHH!

I got my plane tickets to Milwaukee JUST 2 DAYS AGO to arrive on the 3rd in time for Opening Day.

I'm going to have to figure out if I can do a switch, because this sounds awesome - and I really want a jersey. or two.

Roster guesses?

Wonderful idea.

I wonder how long this has been planned. The cynic in me thinks this could have come as a reaction to the talk about how bad the farm system is, in a way to say, we have some exciting players, and we are going to showcase them for you.

Nobody is going to believe me here and I don't blame you, but this was my idea! I wrote an email to Daron Sutton and Bill Schroeder back in late 2002 or early 2003 and suggested this, and they even read my idea and my name on the air. I remember it distinctly because I was in college and my friend, who is a Cubs fan, was watching it. I heard them read the email and my name and I kind of did a double-take because I just had the game on in the background. Anyway, my friend called me and was like "Dude, they just read your email and said your name on tv!" Bill Schroeder said something to the extent of "This is a great idea. You could see Prince Fielder hitting off of Manny Parra". This was back when the Brewers had one of the top systems in baseball and guys like Fielder, Weeks, Hart, Parra, and Gallardo were still in the minors. This is a great idea, but I wish they'd make it a little cheaper. $10 I guess I can understand, but $8 to park? Seems a little high. I have to work that night so I can't go but I think it's a great idea and I hope it's not a one time thing.

• 2 months later...

Adam McCalvy has the rosters:

White Team

C - Cameron Garfield
C - Martin Maldonado
1B - Sean Halton
1B - Cody Hawn
2B/SS - Scooter Gennett
2B/SS - Yadiel Rivera
2B/SS - Nick Shaw
3B - Taylor Green
3B - Cutter Dykstra
OF - Caleb Gindl
OF - Erik Komatsu
OF - Kenny Allison
Util - Shea Vucinich
P - Matt Miller
P - Wily Peralta
P - Robert Hinton
P - Dan Merklinger
P - Austin Ross
P - Tyler Thornburg

Manager - Matt Erickson
Pitching Coach - Chris Hook
Coach - Dusty Rhodes
Trainer - Jeff Paxson

Blue Team

C - Tyler Roberts
C - Rafael Neda
1B - Khris Davis
1B - Hunter Morris
2B/SS - Zelous Wheeler
2B/SS - Eric Farris
2B/SS - Carlos George
3B - Mike Walker
OF - Kentrail Davis
OF - D'Vontrey Richardson
OF - Lee Haydel
OF - Reggie Keen
Util - Sergio Miranda

P - Donovan Hand
P - Mike Fiers
P - Cody Scarpetta
P - Amaury Rivas
P - Kyle Heckathorn
P - Jimmy Nelson

Manager - Don Money
Pitching Coach - Lee Tunnell
Coach - Reggie Williams
Trainer - Frank Neville

Khris Davis firstbase? He has the bat for it and he would be limited to LF due to his arm so makes sense.
Yeah, I was wondering whether that was just to get better guys on the roster, but it would seem that trading Reggie Keen for Chris Dennis and putting Kh. Davis back in the outfield would make the roster better overall--though maybe Keen is really awesome and we just don't know.

Kh. Davis has, apparently, been playing in the outfield in spring training, given that he's been playing with both Dennis and Cody Hawn. Really, the last thing the Brewers need at Brevard County is another first baseman.

Well....no offense to any of the players participating, but now I see why the Brewers have the worst system in baseball. Hopefully in 2013 this game has some more higher ceiling prospects. I still think its a great idea though and I hope it continues on.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

On a related note, looks like the Rattlers and Peoria Chiefs will play at Miller Park on Wednesday, June 29th. This blog post will probably prompt a more formal announcement from the clubs soon. This was scheduled to be one of the Time Warner Cable 32 TV broadcasts, not sure if that will still be the case.

(The Brewers play in Yankee Stadium that night.)

That's a pretty stupid game to do it. You have to imagine a lot of fans are going to want to watch the Brewers play the Yankees.

For instance, why not do it on Tuesday, May 17th? They could do the Wisconsin rivalry between the Rattlers and Snappers and the Brewers will be taking on the Dodgers in Los Angeles that night so it could start 2.5 hours later (Rattlers game is scheduled to start at 6:35). That way you could get fans to come and watch the game, go home and if they choose turn on the Brewers game while missing maybe a couple innings.

Too obvious trwi&7, and I doubt they put that much thought into the date.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Can you differentiate the starting lineup for the two teams? Neither could I. But there are your 20 starters for Saturday's game.

Love for unheralded Nick Shaw and Reggie Keen, nice.

Tickets for the game are on sale now for $10 for all reserved seating and may be purchased at the Miller Park ticket office, by calling the Brewers Ticket office at 414-902-4000, or online at brewers.com/risingstars. Parking is $8 per car and the parking lots will open at noon. The Miller Park gates will open two hours prior to first pitch (1:10 p.m.).

Going to the game? Big leaguers don't play until evening so you won't miss a pitch. Play the role of scout and post your thoughts here for us...

Archived