Brewer Fanatic

Fielder ($15.5MM) and Parra ($1.2MM) avoid arbitration

Mass Haas
because no matter if he won or lost his arby case, he's so damn

sensitive that he'd pout all year about every minor point made by the

Brewer's legal team

Is there an example of Prince pouting all year? There was one example

of Prince expressing his displeasure with being renewed, but he

certainly didn't talk about it all year.

We do know that Prince's best year was the first year of a two-year contract. So one could speculate that he plays better when he isn't thinking about a contract. Personally, I think the Brewers would have won at $14.5M, if Boras went more than $16M, but would it have been worth it?

Thought I'd throw this in here. Apparently Fielder wants 8 years, $200 million this offseason. No surprise to me really. Puts most teams out of the running though, including the Brewers.

http://sportsillustrated....arbitration.cases/1.html

Off the top of my head, that leaves the Cubs, and Rangers as the only real players left, unless the Yankees bomb again this year, and they spend the money to have him play DH.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Thought I'd throw this in here. Apparently Fielder wants 8 years, $200 million this offseason. No surprise to me really. Puts most teams out of the running though, including the Brewers.

http://sportsillustrated....arbitration.cases/1.html

Off the top of my head, that leaves the Cubs, and Rangers as the only real players left, unless the Yankees bomb again this year, and they spend the money to have him play DH.
Yep exactly. Really narrows down the field. I just don't really see the Yankees going after him, especially with Posada moving to DH this year and A-Rod going there in the future. This is a nightmare, but I think the Cubs might get him.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

I guess I'm the only one who thinks $15.5 million is an overpay, considering that this is $3 million higher than any arbitration case I'n history. I don't get that. Why does Prince deserve not only the highest arbitration salary ever but also by a significant amount? Shouldn't $14m been more than enough?

Yep exactly. Really narrows down the field. I just don't really see the Yankees going after him, especially with Posada moving to DH this year and A-Rod going there in the future. This is a nightmare, but I think the Cubs might get him.
I don't see him going to the Yankees either, but i refuse to rule out any Steinbrenner team from making a move like this. It just SCREAMS Hal.

Cashman: "Boss, we don't really have a spot for him"

Hal: "I DON'T CARE! WE NEED MORE HITTERS! PUT HIM IN THE OUTFIELD OR SOMETHING!"

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Apparently Fielder wants 8 years, $200 million this offseason.

Now that I'm done laughing at that, I really hope the Cubs sign him to an 8 year, $200MM deal. I like Prince, but really? $25MM/year for eight years for a one-dimensional player who has shown signs of being an elite hitter, but only in even# seasons? If he's worth that, then Albert Pujols had better hold out for $35MM/season.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Yeah that is really ridiculous. If anyone signs Prince for $200 million I sincerely hope it is the Cubs. He is a great bat, but there is no way he is worth $200 million. If you offer me Prince at $25 million or Gamel at league minimum and allow me to allocate that money to Weeks, Marcum, Greinke and where ever else, I am going with option 2 all day. Thanks for the memories Prince, its been fun! On a related note, and I hope I am wrong about this, but I think Prince will struggle this year trying to play for that contract.

SZBrewerFan, you could be right about Prince struggling next year, but I tend to doubt it. Someone else pointed out that he's already made well over $30 million in his career. Unless he's been a total idiot with his money, he and his family are set for life. I don't think he is as worried about this next huge payday as many fans think, and the $200 million figure was something clearly floated by Scott Boras. Fielder will get a huge contract either way, but I would say more in the $125-150 range.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived