Brewer Fanatic

Dish Network - HD Brewer games?

madtownbrew

I'm hoping someone who had Dish Network can help me here. I've been a long time DirecTV user, and am now contemplating switching over to Dish Network. I live in Madison, so I've always been able to get FS Wisconsin in HD (at least the games that they broadcast them in HD). Can someone confirm with me that I still will be able to get all of the HD games on FSW with Dish Network. Have people had a good experience with Dish Network compared to DirecTV. It seems as if I can save around $25 a month just by switching over, but I want to make sure I still get all of my HD Brewer games.

Thanks in advance.

I had Dish for 3 years, 2 years SD and about 1 year HD. I live in Eastern Jefferson County. I switched over to Direct TV a little over 1 year ago. I did it because there are more sports channels that have college baseball and more HD sports channels. I also did it because I was sick and tired of searching channels everytime the Brewers/Bucks played. The games were never on the same channel like 669-1 on Direct. There were times when I missed parts of games searching channels. I absolutely love Direct TV's HD picture, I feel it's better than Dish but it's just my opinion. There are pro's and con's to both satellite services. Yes, Direct costs more but to me it was worth it.

Last year on multiple occasions Dish Network did not carry the HD broadcast when it was on the FSN schedule as being in HD. I complained a couple times but never really got anywhere. I would say a good 15% of the time the games weren't in HD when they should have been.

I've been a DISH subscriber for 2 years after moving to an area that does not offer cable service. I previously subscribed to Time Warner. If you're a Bucks/Brewers fan that enjoys watching games in HD I would not recommend going with DISH. Unlike Time Warner and DirectTV Dish does not carry Fox Sports Wisconsin as a Regional Sports Network (RSN) it carries Fox Sports North as the local RSN. So any locally produced Fox Sports Wisconsin programming is not carried and there is no set channel designation for Brewers/Bucks telecasts - it floats in a certain range of channels.

All this is OK but the frequent and inconsistent carrying of the HD feed for the Brewers/Bucks games is frustrating. Certain games are carried in HD others aren't without any rationale and absolutely no interest on the customer support end in caring about it. Again, I would not recommend DISH because of this if you are a big Brewers/Bucks fan.

Outside these factors and DISH does not and will not carry MLB Network anytime in the future I really like the price point, picture quality, channel offerings and DVR.

Personally I'm moving soon and switching back to Time Warner.

Archived