Brewer Fanatic

Brewers On Deck 2011

jonny5t

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate the new process. It could work in my favor, possibly, but highly unlikely. Am I correct that you can get a coupon for Braun, Greinke, and Gallardo? Or do I just have to choose one? I think it's garbage that one can show up at noon and get Greinke while someone else gets there at 8am.

I'll just buy one off eBay the next day, sadly someone will try to get 125 for it buy it now. I'll bid up to 65.

Lets just call the rule with some players only signing postcards what it really is. The Ryan Braun Rule.
Actually, it's more like the "Ryan Braun's contracted autograph memorabilia company Rule"

These companies have deals with the athletes. They want their investment protected so for mass signings like this, they want the athlete to either not sign certain items or personalize or non-sweet spot, etc...

Don't blame the player - they are likely just following the contract they signed.

I don't think anyone is blaming the player directly, but it is "the Ryan Braun Rule." He opted to do that in his contract with Mikita (It is Mikita right?). There are ways he could have worked around signing at certain Brewers events if he wanted to. Fielder was supposed to only sign player cards last year, and Uecker the previous year but both gave in after some fan bickering apparently.

Braun won't budge because he's under contract.

The brewers.com On Deck event page now includes an autograph schedule. (Apologies if this isn't news to those of you who will be seeking autographs; the Brewers' Facebook page talked it up today as if it were new information.)

I'll let you guys who are more into autographs comment, but I'm a bit surprised that Jonathan Lucroy's autograph will be free.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'm assuming you can get a coupon for all 5 and hope you draw one? Looks like I'll be going for Wolf, Marcum or Lucroy, possibly Axford and the prospects.

How accessible do you think Mark A or Doug Melvin will be?

What prospects do you feel are the "must get?" I'm shooting for Mark Rogers and Kentrail Davis.

I'm starting to get excited about this.

Well, I purchased 3 tickets Tuesday for my wife and I, with an extra for another lottery chance...then the following day, my boss who has season tickets asks if I'm gonna be bored that day and have nothing going on...so 2 more tickets

Anyways, The prospect list is basically our top 10....and if there was anyone not worth getting, my guess would be Farris and Komatsu, but if you are a true fan, and want to see these players keep rising, try to get as many as possible....

For those going, what time do people plan on getting to the event? Really the only thing to get there early for would be the rummage sale stuff, but there is no mention of that in the promotional material so I don't even know if they'll be doing it as part of On Deck this year.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

For those going, what time do people plan on getting to the event? Really the only thing to get there early for would be the rummage sale stuff, but there is no mention of that in the promotional material so I don't even know if they'll be doing it as part of On Deck this year.
I plan on getting there early. I want Kottaras.

Kelby, at the on deck he'll only be signing 5x7 cards. If he's willing to sign at the stadium, his restaraunt or another area, he may sign your jersey. It'll be personalized, but he may sign it. If you don't want it personalized, be on the lookout online for a private signing. Mikita had one last year where he'll sign your jersey for 100 or 125? Which, if you take into consideration, it's really only 60 more than if you go to the on deck, minus the time you'd have to wait in line or other factors. If I ever get a Braun Jersey to be signed, that's the route I'll be going.

Archived