Brewer Fanatic

Why the Brewers will win the World Series

Bombers

As I am sick of listening to the radio and hearing someone yell about all the things the Brewers are doing wrong (i.e. "Their farm system stinks" and "little league short stops play a better short than Yuniesky Betancourt", yada yada yada ... I am starting a more positive thread. List your reasons as to why you think the Brewers will win the 2011 World Series.

IMO, Our starting 5 will have an ERA in the top 5 and our hitters willl be top 5 and we will get into the Series. For 1, I think it is extremelly difficult to be a repeat World Series winner (so a slight knock on the Giants) as things might not go as perfect for them this year. And IMO, I think the Phillies pitchers will regress a little (Oswalt, Halladay, and Lee are all coming off of career years in WHIP).

Additionally, I think with the moves that have been made; Braun, Fielder, Weeks, Hart, etc come a little more amped up for the season. (And not that they don't come fired up every season but do you really think on May 1 of last year they were thinking "yep this is a World Series team.")

I think we start hot and finish hot. Go Crew!!!

Community Moderator

-Fielder's upcoming monster season

-Weeks and Hart with a 20/20

-Gomez utilized properly by new manager

-Bullpen rested due to improved rotation

-Pumped up crowds at MP all season long

-There's no need for a 5th starter in the playoffs.

Simple contract years. If prince wants 7/ 160 he's got to have a monster year. Maybe Weeks too. If Weeks stays healthy and puts up slightly better number some team will give him Dan Uggla money. Also we have Rodgers most likely sitting in AAA to start the season so we have a guy who could be a 2/3 starter waiting to fill in. Bullpen also looks solid.

Thank you for a place to be a fan again. Another subject, but some of the radio stations should give this a try for the Packers talk. Wow, you'd have thought they lost to the Lions 31-10 in week 1.

Anyway, the Crew will win the World Series because:

1. 3 Aces. I use that term more loosely than some but they have 3 pitchers that when they take the mound I'm confident in a victory no matter the match-up. We bring back one of the top offenses in the National League, after an off year by Prince and basically zero production at SS.

3. This team will fully expect to make the play-offs and compete for a WS. I don't care what anyone says, player's' focus and motivation is greater when there's a legitimate chance to compete and win. I expect monster years from Braun, Fielder, Weeks, Greinke, Marcum, Gallardo... well pretty much everyone.

4. There will be an unprecedented home field advantage at Miller Park. No evidence to back this up but it sounds good and it'll be fun to be there for sure!

I'm sure I could find more. I can't really put my excitement for this season into words. On a side note, I'm thinking this might be the year that my Nieves jersey looses some value as I'm feeling like someone may pull a No-no out of the bag.

1. 3 Aces. I use that term more loosely than some but they have 3 pitchers that when they take the mound I'm confident in a victory no matter the match-up. We bring back one of the top offenses in the National League, after an off year by Prince and basically zero production at SS.

3. This team will fully expect to make the play-offs and compete for a WS. I don't care what anyone says, player's' focus and motivation is greater when there's a legitimate chance to compete and win. I expect monster years from Braun, Fielder, Weeks, Greinke, Marcum, Gallardo... well pretty much everyone.

I'm dying to know what #2 was on your list...

Good idea! I am almost always positive as a fan. Some fans expect a great team every year but I look at this as such an awesome opportunity to be a fan of a legit contender. I don't expect it every year and when it does happen I try to soak it all in.

I think the biggest reason why is our rotation. Our offense has kept us a float for years now but it's a streaky offense. When it's hot, there is no stopping us, when it's cold, it can be really cold. We used to go on big losing streaks but now with this rotation we have 3 maybe 4 guys (when Wolf is pitching well) that can stop a losing streak by themselves. I think they will feed off each other, challenge each other, to stop these streaks or keep winning streaks going. There is nothing like good pitching to stop a skid.

Our offense is flat out explosive. I think the stars are aligning for a majority of them to have great years. I've always enjoyed how they've supported each other and cheered for each other. I think we will see this even more this year. Lots of smiles, lots of laughs, lots of HR's.

You know Miller Park will be buzzing! What a great fan base we have. This year will be nuts. We know from the get go we have the players to make a serious run. The fans will be nuts!

I think management and ownership knows they have a special team and will make sure if we need a certain player to finish the puzzle they will go out and get him.

I'm doing my best to temper my excitement at least until March......but it will be hard.

I'm dying to know what #2 was on your list...
Hahaha, amazing!

"As I am sick of listening to the radio and hearing someone yell about all the things the Brewers are doing wrong (i.e. "Their farm system stinks" and "little league short stops play a better short than Yuniesky Betancourt", yada yada yada ... "

Here-here!!!

I'm right there with ya' man.

How bad could the farm system be? Most of the starting lineup will be from their farm system and it just got them two top of the line starting pitchers. I don't care what it looks like now. I'm tired of hearing wait 5 years for such-and-such group of players to get to the big club. I'm sick of watching mediocre to bad baseball. I'm glad they finally made some bold moves to get my team back to the playoffs. I like hearing the talking heads talk about my team as one of better teams in baseball right now.

This is going to be an exciting summer and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it. Anyone wants to complain about their farm system, complain to someone else.

GO CREW!!! PLAYOFFS IN 2011!!!

Some off the beaten path reasons for the Brewers winning it all:

1) Narveson will pitch like the last half of '10 for the year, making him one of the better #4 pitchers in the league.

2) Betancourt will be excited by the situation, report in shape and field at a passable level (like he did early in his career), and provide better offense than Escobar.

3) Ron Roenicke's commitment to running and aggressive play (not small ball) makes opposing pitchers nervous, and stabilizes the offense to one that consistently produces runs instead of 20 one day and 0 the next.

4) Carlos Gomez will bat 8th, learn to walk in front of the pitcher, steal second and score when our good hitting pitchers come through time and time again.

Archived