Brewer Fanatic

Brewers On Deck Event, January 30th

RyDogg66
  • 2 weeks later...

Per McCalvy, Robin Yount will attend this year's On Deck event.

Robin Yount will sign autographs Sunday at "Brewers On Deck," the club announced Wednesday, adding a Hall of Famer to a long list of participants for the annual fanfest.

Yount brings to 46 the number of current Brewers players and coaches, prospects and club legends who will take part in the day-long event at Milwaukee's downtown Frontier Airlines Center. Besides the autograph and photo opportunities, "On Deck" features interview sessions, interactive games in a kids area, baseball clinics and, of course, opportunities to stock up on Brewers gear for 2011.

TH with a blog post that includes the player/personality schedule

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I haven't gone in the past and won't this year. Big crowds and waiting in line to get an autograph aren't my thing. Seems like an event that would be cool if you have kids, but since I don't, I don't have much reason to go.

I agree. I really enjoyed the one time they had the cocktail party at the .300 club. No kids, no autographs. Just a buffet and drinks with the team.

I loved it when it was a free event right before opening day.

I'm not an autograph guy, or someone who blows a lot of money at the shop, but I am a sentimental sap when it comes to baseball.

I loved just being able to grab a dog, walk around the park, watch BP, and look at that field again, knowing that there would be baseball played there for the next 6 months. It was kind of my way to get ready for the season before the crowds and chaos of Opening Day.

Posted this in the trading forum, but figured it would fit here better:

Just got home from On Deck. Had fun but the wife and I were both kind of getting tired. We weren't planning on going originally, but I won tickets on Twitter the other day and wanted to use them. I got autographs from Bob Uecker and Mark Attanasio. I enjoyed meeting both of them, even though it was brief. I didn't bother trying to get any other autos (like I've said before, I'm not a big auto guy to begin with).

We each got a "grab bag" for 15 bucks. Each of us got the Hank Aaron and Italian Sausage bobbles, which I didn't have previously. She also got a Ted Simmons bobble, which is cool. Also included were two club level tickets to a random game. She also got a couple tickets to an Admirals game. The SCORE t-shirt each of us got was a bit less exciting.

Tried poutine for the first time, and could definitely see it as ballpark food.

Decent trip all in all. I didn't purchase anything else, but there was some neat game used gear and other swag for sale. This event is probably more fun for people with kids, as there is quite a bit for the younger ones to do.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

He says he wants to run more but "you don't want to run into outs when you have a bunch of home run hitters in the lineup."
Thank goodness. I think that is what all of us who were worried wanted all along.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

i went the first year and probably won't go again unless changes are made. I would like to see it as a 2 day event, splittling players evenly out. This would really decrease the congestion. When 11000 people are downtown for a event, it makes street parking a bear. The other problem being that since i stopped trying to get autographs when i graduated grade school, there isn't that much to do. The game shows and q&a's are fun though. I enjoyed the picture booths with the players, but it really isn't worth waiting 3 hrs before the doors open to get inline to get in and then waiting. When you factor in the time waiting in line, the cost of admission and the cost of the autograph, i'm going to assume that the big name brewer players will do an autograph session at some point during the summer much cheaper and way more conveniently.

I got tickets from my wife for Christmas. I live about 3 1/2 hours away. My goal was to stay with my brother in law who lives an hour away from Milwaukee. I asked 3 of my friends but none of them could make it. Finally I told my son( who does not like baseball,but loves NASCAR) he had to go. I had a lot go wrong, got in a fight with my wife minutes before we left because she left her camera at her school. I got a late start,got lost, cracked my bumper in a parking garage, put $20 in the machine in the parking garage($6 fee) to find out it does not give change back, when I got back to the parking garage I found out it was a hotel parking garage and that you need a key to get to the stairway.

Out of all the things that went wrong, I really enjoyed myself, plus my son wants to go back. I have a few observations and a few questions. First thing, I needed a decent camera. Next I will get a grab bage right away next year.I was in line and abou 10 back when they ran out. (Instead I just fed the parking meter that money). I was very impressed with Zach Braddock and Scooter Gennette(sp?) and Wil Nieves . Braddock signed the sweet spot, which I have rarely seen. I loved getting the young guys autographs. Some of the younger guys seemed to have an attitude but maybe they are not big on that many people. Wanted Lucroy & Gamel but did not get in line soon enough

What is proper autograpgh ediquette? Both my son and I took a ball and wanted to get the ball and postcard autographed. Some were more than generous but some refused which I understand for long lines. Is it okay that I get in the back of the line and get the other postcards autographed? I guess I am not sure. Im not a guy who get this stuff and puts it on Ebay. I just like collecting it for myself. I think they get a lot of guys who put it on ebay.

I did get a smile out of Brandon Boggs. After he signed my ball, I thanked him and said welcome to the Brewers, and told him that I wanted the Brewers to trade for him 3 to 4 years ago but Doug Melvin must not have started reading my posts until this year.

I would go back again next year, but I have more of a plan in mind what to do now.

While

Archived