Brewer Fanatic

Apparently, we're the 3rd most miserable baseball fans.

DuWayne Steurer

I don't know who could be more justifiably miserable than Oriole fans.

The Cubs fully deserve the top spot, but the O's should be higher. The misery outlook is the same for the Brewers and the O's. How's that possible. The Brewers have a really good shot at the playoffs this year, but do the O's have a chance at all in the foreseeable future?

This is so stupid, why would we be miserable now because we lost a WS that half of our fans dont remember. How in the world do we get a 6 for future misery, we have the best overall roster in the NL? I hate ESPN, this guys just has no clue about non eastern teams, they dont even pretend to care anymore. I cant think of a time when I was less miserable to be a brewers fan.

As soon as I found out this was an ESPeoN poll, I could have told you the top five teams. What I was wondering, was how far back RECENT misery goes. Teams like the Pirates and Royals scored better in the recent categories, even though they have been terrible since most of their fans can remember.

There was just WAY too much emphasis placed on titles, which is what all stupid analysts do. A hypothetical team that just misses the playoffs 9/10 years and gets eliminated in the LCS once would be way more fun to watch than a perennial turd that has one good season and gets to the same level, or someone that won a WS in the 70's and has been crappy for the last decade+. World series titles won while your parents were in high school do little for your enjoyment as a fan. I don't feel at all enriched by the Bucks' days with Kareem, as I was 9 years from being a zygote when they won the title.

Teams like the Pirates and Royals scored better in the recent categories, even though they have been terrible since most of their fans can remember.

Maybe the writer feels that losing in the post-season is more miserable than not making the post-season at all. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived