Brewer Fanatic

OOTP 6.5 (baseball sim) league seeking two GMs

TooLiveBrew

The sim league I'm in

currently has two vacancies. The league runs on OOTP 6.5. While that's

obviously not the newest version, the league itself is great.

It's run by a standalone commissioner (meaning he doesn't run a team... not sure how

common or uncommon that is) who runs sims every day. The league is in its 89th live season (1989) & has a good roster of active GMs. We don't use financial settings, so there's no such thing as big & small market teams. Plus no annoying contracts to deal with. Baseball players the way they were in the good ol' days -- indentured servants!

Here

are the online reports (standings, rosters, stats, etc.). The vacant

teams are Boston & Cincy. OOTP 6.5 has a

total cost of

$30.00 ($20 for OOTP 6, $10 for the 6.5 patch), and it's PC-only, if that matters for

anyone.

Sam (sbrylski06) can vouch for how sweet this league is, as a former longtime GM. You definitely have to want to be an active participant for the league to be fun, since it moves along so (relatively) quickly & has a lot of good GMs. But if that's something that sounds appealing, we'd love to have you. I'd be happy to answer questions or address concerns anyone might have.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

League sucks, don't join.

Kidding, of course.

OOTP 6.5 is simple yet in-depth, easy to pick up if you've never played before, and the pace of the league makes it very fun because you get feedback on your moves as GM quickly. I ran a team from 1913 until the early 80's, but still hang around the forums (off-topic section mainly).

Sounds like fun. How time consuming is this?
You get out of it what you put in, to an extent. But you could get by with around 15 minutes a day or less. Most people in that league are really active, so you could also spend half your day around there if you choose to. That's far from necessary though.

I would say 10-15 minutes a day during the regular season, and then a little more on certain days during the offseason to explore trade opportunities with other owners and scout the draft class.

a friend of mine played this for a while and enjoyed it.

i'd enjoy playing, but i don't have the time to get too compulsive about it. for example, my drafting strategy would likely be "eh, he seems ok." there is a very good chance that i would end up as the Pittsburgh Pirates of your league. so...sign me up if that's ok for you, but i wouldn't be offended if you'd prefer to pass me up for someone who would be a lot more into it than i could be.

there is a very good chance that i would end up as the Pittsburgh Pirates of your league.

Never! (I'm actually the Pirates)... and yeah, I know what you meant http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Sounds like fun. How time consuming is this?

Like Sam said, you get out of it what you put in. I'm basically addicted to it at this point; I love it.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived