Brewer Fanatic

Upcoming Autograph Signings

BREWCREW5

I am hoping a moderator can sticky this so we can also keep a thread at the top for upcoming autograph signings for mainly brewers but any sport would be cool since most of us collect all sports!

I'll start it off.

John Kuhn will

be at Jeff's Sports - Menomonee Falls location for an autograph

session. John will be signing on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 from 7:00 PM –

8:30 PM.

Waukesha Sports Cards will be doing a private signing with Robin Yount on the 30th of January.

yeah, i'd also appreciate this. I'm still bummed I missed out on Johnny Logan awhile back. Do any of the current Brewers do any regular signings as of late? Seems like the only time you can possibly get them is at On Deck or Block Parties. Though I could be entirely wrong.

This link is a good source for upcoming signings:

http://www.signingshotlin...p?KW=Sport%20Memorabilia

Signings Hotline allowed you to search by state as well as a lot of other criteria. There's a free version and a "deluxe" version. There aren't a lot of signings up there right now, but there have been in the past... not sure if they shifted more signings to only the "deluxe" search or what....

While I like this site and I've used it to get useful info before, it definitely doesn't catch every signing that's out there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is anybody going to this? There are a couple of players appearing that I would want items signed by, but I will at Spring Training that weekend and will be unable to attend. Could anybody help me out? I would provide you with the items to get signed and either the autograph tickets or the money for them. I could throw in something extra (bobbles or cash) if need be. I know this is a long shot, but thought that it never hurts to try. PM me if you would be willing or able to help out another bf.net member. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

How many card dealers are at these shows typically? I was planning on going to the National this summer but now I might not be able to make it. Wondering if the Sun Times show itself is worth the trip from the Eau Claire area if I'm not going for the autograph guests.

Paul Horning $49. Jordy Nelson $69. I know, I know--Paul's been signing forever. And I like Jordy. Still, something seems very wrong about that.

chris, if you've ever gone to the midwest express center for the On Deck, it seemed close to if 2/3 of that room was dealers. the other 1/3 is for the autograph tables. give or take. I had a good time down there last year and am gonna try to make it this year as well. i don't really collect cards, but i was able to get a lot of brewers related stuff signed.

I really can't figure out how Jordy Nelson can possibly be $69. That's absurd. For the same money or less (at the same show), you could get any of the following guys (I stayed with just football):

Kellen Winslow, Emmitt Thomas, Arian Foster, John Kuhn, Desmond Bishop, Jermichael Finley, Mike Singletary, Mike Ditka, Jim McMahon, Gale Sayers, Dick Butkus, BJ Raji, James Starks, Joe Greene, Sam Sheilds, AJ Hawk, Brian Bulaga and many other very good baseball and basketball players.

It makes absolutely no sense to me. Many of the above are 30 bucks, so you could get two for the price of Nelson. One big game in the Super Bowl and he's suddenly 70 bucks for an autograph? Just seems absurd.

Also, I didn't get an email with the exact details yet but it appears that Legends of the Field is going to have a bunch of Packers in. It's sort of annoying that many of the players are private signings now, not just big guys either. When I was younger, I met guys like Favre, Jennings, etc and those signings weren't private. Now, virtually everyone is a private signing. Legends is having Frank Zombo in store on the 21st. It's also having all of the following guys in a private signing on March 13:

Driver (100), Raji (50), Starks (50), Hawk (60), Kuhn (40), Sheilds (30), Bulaga (40)

Hard to believe some of this, not only is Starks (he of about 5 games) a private signing, he's also 50 bucks. The guy might very well wind up as a backup next year and I can't meet him for 50 bucks? I"m probably overlooking something here but the prices are just absurd to me.

Private signings are horribly lame. Part of the fun of an autograph is getting it in person. That way, you KNOW it is real.

As far as the pricing of the players...they are striking while the iron is hot man.

I wont be paying any of them those prices. That is insane.

The horrible thing about autographs is, its all about what is hot and what is popular. I usually wait until the offseason of that particular sport before I buy.

For instance, I buy most Brewer auto's over the winter if I can find what I am looking for. There is a lot less competition and a lot of other people are not thinking of them. For instance, most of the packer players above auto's will be way cheaper in June than right now.

I've never done one of these shows before, so I'm sure this is a dumb question: you've still got to bring/buy the stuff for them to sign on top of that listed fee, right? So if you wanted to have Jordy Nelson sign a football, you've got to drop $69 PLUS the cost of the football?

i have talked to the guys at legends and waukesha sports cards a few times and they told me most of the time when they have a private signing it really is them getting it signed at a show or sending it somewhere or somthing like that. most of the athletes will do a public signing if they are at the signers location anyways to autograph stuff. and i totally agree with other posters that if i am going to shell out the money they are asking for some of these sigs, i feel meeting the person signing is half the reason i get the autos. also, if you ever see them doing a private signing, keep looking to see if that athlete is signing somewhere else and you can possibly save yourself a few bucks cause the stores usually add in a handling fee for the auto

It won't be long before Jordy Nelson turns into Antonio Freeman and his window of popularity is closed.

Sadly, Nelson isn't even close to Freeman yet. Freeman caught a number of Favre's touchdowns and I know the duo is ranked up quite high on the receiver/quarterback list for duo touchdowns. Freeman caught "the catch" on Monday Night Football. Freeman was also the number one receiver through most of the glory years in the mid to late ninety's.

Nelson was the number 3 receiver this year and had a nice game in the super bowl but also had 3 or 4 dropped passes.

If anyone is comparable to Freeman, it would be Greg Jennings.

$69 for Nelson is stupid. How much is a Jerry Rice sig right now? $89? $99?

If anyone finds Woodson signing anywhere, please let me know. I got him at Jeffs Sports for less than 100 last year, probably going to be absurd if he signs again but I really want a jersey signed.

I agree on Nelson, that's why it's so astounding to me. He was a third WR all year, that had a good Super Bowl, that's it. He's not Greg Jennings, he's not anywhere near Antonio Freeman at this point either.

Waukesha Sports Cards is having private signings with Woodson and Desmond Howard. Though the Woodson prices are extremely high. He signed with Jeffs Sports last year, I got a 16x20 (with photo) for less than 100 bucks last fall. Now, the cheapest auto is $199 I believe. The info is on their website.

For anyone who wants Woodson, he'll probably do some events this offseason to promote his wine. When he was with Oakland he got into the wine business and has his own wine now. My dad and I, for $90 each last summer, got a five course meal with free wine samples plus all the autographs we wanted. Our event was at a country club in the Milwaukee area, but it sounded like he did some at other places too.

For anyone who wants Woodson, he'll probably do some events this offseason to promote his wine. When he was with Oakland he got into the wine business and has his own wine now. My dad and I, for $90 each last summer, got a five course meal with free wine samples plus all the autographs we wanted. Our event was at a country club in the Milwaukee area, but it sounded like he did some at other places too.

Keep us posted my friend.

Archived