Brewer Fanatic

Bold Predictions for Spring Training

pitchleague

I know we've got about month and change before Pitchers and Molinas report, but it might be kind of fun to make some bold predictions (read as: would be cool if it happened but it probably won't) from today until the time that the team breaks camp on March 20-somethingth.

This could be a prediction about a player that the team might sign to an invitation to spring training, or how a particular player will or won't perform in the spring, or an injury, or anything. Also don't limit yourself to the Brewers--if you've got a bold prediction about another team, go ahead (please limit yourself to the number of "Cub player falls in a well during cutoff-man drills" jokes/predictions as, c'mon, those are too easy http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif)

I would ask that there be no bold predictions about the regular season, as I'm sure there will be a thread for that toward the end of Spring Training.

I'll start:

I, pitchleague, boldly predict that Prince Fielder hits a spring training homer completely out of at least 2 parks in the Phoenix area and has his best spring ever.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weeks will sign an extension the first week of ST.

Dale Sveum works day and night with Gomez and changes his swing. Gomez begins to slap hit more and get more singles. Gomez's OBP skyrockets.

Marcum beans Pablo Sandoval, and Prince leads a bench clearing brawl. No one messes with the Crew the rest of the season.

Marcum beans Pablo Sandoval, and Prince leads a bench clearing brawl. No one messes with the Crew the rest of the season.
With my XX chromosomes and all, I'm not highly competitive or revenge-driven...yet when I read the sentence above I immediately thought, "awesome."

Otherwise, being the glass-half-full type I usually am, I'll predict that the Brewers find a better SS platoon - or at least a better SS platoon name - than Counsecourt (and I don't mean Betansell).

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Manny Parra comes in with major chip on his shoulder and pitches the way he is capable and wins #5 spot. Which to me Parra with head on straight is a legit #2....really the guy has amazing stuff.

If Brewers trade Prince before season I will cry, honestly just ball because if we are going for THIS season, having one of the most game changing bats and a guy who gets on base 40% of the time seems to be a guy we may want to have. I rather make the playoff and maybe the world series more than I want to get prospects in return.

Manny Parra comes in with major chip on his shoulder and pitches the way he is capable and wins #5 spot. Which to me Parra with head on straight is a legit #2....really the guy has amazing stuff.

If Brewers trade Prince before season I will cry, honestly just ball because if we are going for THIS season, having one of the most game changing bats and a guy who gets on base 40% of the time seems to be a guy we may want to have. I rather make the playoff and maybe the world series more than I want to get prospects in return.

Parra will be traded in spring training for a backup catcher and a low level minor league arm.

Here are some of mine:

- Casey McGehee will struggle during the spring, causing panic, but then be fine once the regular season starts. Like Corey Hart last year.

- Prince Fielder will show greatly improved defense due to his trimmer physique.

- One of Logan Schafer or Caleb Gindl will come very close to making the team, but will start the season in AAA. Gomez will be on watch.

- Speaking of which, Carlos Gomez will actually take some walks and not hack at everything.

- Shaun Marcum will sign a team friendly contract extension during spring training.

- Ryan Braun will introduce his latest business venture, which will be a line of hair care and personal grooming products. The packaging will be as gaudy as Remetee.

- George Kottaras will get traded for a low level minor league pitcher. Martin Maldonado makes the big league club as Lucroy's backup.

- Ron Roenicke has three consecutive base runners make steal attempts during one game.

- Yuniesky Betancourt suffers a fluke leg injury on a diving play and goes on the 60 day DL. Luis Cruz splits time with Counsell as the starting shortstop.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

-Cory Hart slugs 9 HR's and hits .230

-Bradock gets hit around with a 6.00 ERA, but still makes the team

-Carlos Gomez bats 2nd on opening day

-Ryan Braun wears military fatigues to all away games

-Mustachioed John Axford joins The Rent is Too Damn High Party

Myday2001[/b]]- Twins have more weather related delays/PP's than the Vikqueens.
I'm guessing you are talking about the regular season and not spring training...correct?

I'm kind of a glass is half empty, pessimistic type of person. So, I'm going to reserve my negative predictions about ST. Let's just say they involve injuries.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Ryan Braun, while attempting to be "more aggressive" on the base paths, will get picked off or thrown out at least 5 times.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived