Brewer Fanatic

2011 Softball (roster discussion -- post #46; up to 12 guys! -- post #65)

radman12484

Sorry, big dude from work is out -- we ended up regrouping our team there, after all, and he's not likely to be able to play twice a week.

I can ask my brother again but I'd say it's doubtful. I think he mentioned having some lingering back issue or something...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

11 counting Al, assuming that Recte is in ... worried about that one. My guy (Matt / Schubert / BrewerfanMatt) sent me an email today to say he was definitely in, but he's out of town this weekend and can't make the practice. I have faith in him.

I'm all about having 1 or 2 more official members on the team if anyone wants to invite anyone. I was thinking about posting something in BF.net's Off Topic forum tonight.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Down to 10. Recte PM'd me saying he's changed jobs and probably can't do the team this year. We need a couple more guys ASAP. I posted a recruiting thread in the Off Topic forum yesterday, but it hasn't garnered any action....
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Again, I can play sometimes but won't be able to play all the time. Thus, if you're short and you need me and I can make it work, great. However I'll be out of town for at least 4 of the upcoming weeks.

I can play sometimes but won't be able to play all the time.
It's really up to you. If you can get your $40 worth despite the games you'll be missing, we'll sign you up as an official member. We're a little short-handed so it'd be great to have you on the team. But it's understanable if it's not worth it to you due to your schedule ... we can just drop you a line when substitutes are needed during the season.

I am available to play every Thursday as far as I know. I am able to play any position. I am flexible.
Welcome aboard, Jon! Stay tuned for an announcement about our next practice, hopefully this upcoming Saturday or Sunday. Season starts in a week and a half, May 19th.

Hi,

I'm a freind of Matt Rink (ValpoCrusader on this site). Just wanted to confirm that I am in for softball this season. I played a few years ago and it was a great time. I will be at every game except the June 30th game (out of town seeing the Yankees-Brewers series).

See everyone for the game on the 19th, sooner if I can make it to one of the practices.

-Matt

It looks like we finally got to 12 guys! A friend of mine and Schubert/Gomez, Tom Porter, is onboard for the season starting with game 1 this Thursday.

01. Radman

02. Drick

03. Nullbyte

04. Houlie

05. Beeks

06. Valpo

07. FireNick

08. Al

09. Schubert/Gomez

10. Tyler

11. Jon

12. Porter

• 2 weeks later...

I know a while back we were doing a Madison area Brewerfan team. Is that still going on? I am moving back to WI from NM and looking for a fall softball league to join.

If there isn't enough interest any Madison BF'ers know how a softballer can get back in the loop in Madison in regards to softball?

Archived