Brewer Fanatic

Barnes and Noble Nook issues...

cooprules

Question for anyone who might help:

I bought a Nook for my wife for xmas (the original, not color). The Nook sees my wireless network fine but I'm unable to download any ebooks. It'll just sit 'in queue' forever.

I would think it's a Nook issue except for the fact that, from a different network in a different house using the same model of router (I installed both), the Nook is able to download fine.

Because of this, Barnes and Noble support will not help, and, although I have a question out to Netgear, I don't think they will help either.

All other devices on my network work fine (Wii, Macbook Pro, IPod). The Nook's IP shows as a connected device in my router settings so I have no idea what's wrong. I have security set to WPA + WPA2, which is what I've heard the Nook will work on. Both routers are setup the same from what I can tell.

The only difference between the one that works and the one that doesn't is the one that works may be a newer version of the same model router.

Router is a Netgear WNR2000 (v1)

Thanks for any help. I've tried all the other Nook and Netgear boards.

Archived