Brewer Fanatic

Any Runners/Joggers?

Dnye23

For anyone just getting into running who has an android based smart phone, I recommend the free version of Jog Tracker:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.highwaynorth.jogtracker&hl=en

Really keeps me motivated to be able to see my distance and times and then compare them to my previous runs. It will even call out your splits over the speaker/headphones if you want.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
I used to go to Berkeley running store on University Ave across from Whole Foods when I lived in Madison. Always had good experiences but I'm sure it's completely different people working the floor now.

• 6 months later...

My original post said that I have a goal of running a marathon... today started day 1 of training for the lakefront marathon on October 6th. Over the next 5 months I plan to total over 1000 miles. Cross training days I'm doing Tai Chi, along with some resistance work.

This stuff is really changing my life. I thought I was going to do a few races just to say I did them. Now it's almost an obsession. It has also steered me into a career change. I'm currently studying to be a personal trainer and a nutritionist. These certificates limit me compared to going back to school (I would 100% go back for exercise science and/or dietitian if I could), but but it's something I want to accomplish in my life now. I'm already involved with a couple different things (Beachbody Coach, Sunburst Superfoods Affiliate) as I've started a entrepreneurship called MOVE IT Fitness & Nutrition. I'm undertaking a lot by myself right now so it's a little overwhelming for me but I'm 110% committed to this. I just need to connect with some new people to aid in this project of mine :). Not easy with an already full-time job as a graphic designer. It's slowly gaining interest through friends and word-of-mouth so it will definitely take some time. Some already want work with me personally to get fit or lose weight so we'll see how all this goes. Why didn't I study for this right out of high school? I wish I had more sense back then lol.

Austin 5:29

Life never slows down, so always make it exciting #moveit

I'm also doing the Lakefront Marathon as my first one...been in training for two weeks. I did a half marathon last year, but this one has me nervous. It's just so far. I was doing some training over the winter, but I had to have a surgery and couldn't do anything for a month...so I'm out of shape and the training isn't going well. Hope it improves...ugh.

Signed up for my first 1/2 marathon over the weekend; doing the Brewer mini marathon in September. Went for a nice long run yesterday but my hips and feet starting killing me around 5 miles or so. Pretty sure I just have some terrible shoes

Any other good stores? I'd prefer not to go to Movin' Shoes.

There was a running store on University Avenue (north side of the street, kind of across from Smokeys) but they moved a month or two ago. Not sure where they are now, but I don't think they moved too far away.

Edit: Berkeley Running Company, still on University but now in the shopping center by Subway and that Thai restaurant. Same owner, he's usually there.

Archived