Brewer Fanatic

Derrek Lee to Orioles

Invader3K

Brewer Fanatic Staff

I've long felt that Baltimore is a near-cinch to become Prince's 2012 destination -- perfect park, an A.L. club where he can eventually morph into a DH in the contract's final years, a rebuilding organization that is actually beginning to see some of the fruits of its labor, with a need for a marquee name to re-energize its fan base, even in a brutal division.

Of course, barring unforeseen success in 2011, Baltimore's first-round pick will be protected, meaning that the Brewers would garner the O's second-round, and not first-round pick, in the 2012 draft.

Unless Prince is a mercenary solely out for the money and looking for the highest offer, I see no reason for him to go to Baltimore unless they significantly trump all other offers. I don't see Baltimore as a tempting destination with allure to free agents.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Unless Prince is a mercenary solely out for the money and looking for the highest offer, I see no reason for him to go to Baltimore unless they significantly trump all other offers. I don't see Baltimore as a tempting destination with allure to free agents.
Don't see how it's different from the Nationals significantly trumping all other offers for Jayson Werth, or the Texas - ARod deal years ago. That's how those clubs have to do it.

Unless Prince is a mercenary solely out for the money and looking for the highest offer

No offense to Prince, but I think he is solely out for the money. Well, not solely, but I think it's the major decision maker with all else meaning significantly less. I could see him ending up in Baltimore. They have a talented young rotation and a lot of offensive pieces either in or coming into their primes. That being said, Boston will probably be looking to replace Ortiz so that might be a possibility as well.

Archived