Brewer Fanatic

If you have something to say to Chris Capuano, say it here....

splitterpfj
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cappy,

I've rooted for you fervently through your comeback process and I was thrilled to see you make it back, not only to the roster but also as a solidly successful pitcher. Huge congratulations!

I'm hoping out hope that you end up a Brewer again in '11, unlikely though that now seems based on recent reports. We need a challenger for the #5 rotation spot & and a solid veteran #6 starter for when someone inevitably misses some starts. But I suppose you know that & it's Doug Melvin to whom I should be saying that.

So if you don't make it back as a Brewer this year, best wishes for a good landing spot & a long, outstanding continuation to your career (except whenever you might pitch against the Brewers). And I'd love to see you back here once again!

Chris,

Once I was at a game at Miller Park and you gave up a homer. I said, "Ah c'mon on Cappy! What were you thinking with that pitch?"

You never answered me, and now that you are parting ways I have decided that I will let that one go.

But in all seriousness, you were the Brewer I always wanted most to succeed because it never seemed like you weren't investing every breath and effort into making yourself better and trying to win for Milwaukee. You will be missed and we will root for you wherever you go*.

I am proud to share a first name with you, though I don't shorten mine.

Sincerely,

Christopher

* - Wherever does not include Chicago or St. Louis, or any team that is facing the Crew in the playoffs, or any team facing the Crew in a "must win" game for the Crew. Wish for success is good for the rest of your career provided you do not sign with aforesaid clubs, or change positions. If you decide to become a power hitter and fail miserably, you only have yourself to blame. You've worked too hard at pitching and your pick-off move is a joy to watch. Wish for success is worth 1/100th of cent in cash value, but good for loads of baseball player specific superstitious luck - provided luck is not used against Crew, directly or indirectly.

Not sure if he'll see this again, but I thought it would be worth sharing with Cappy that in watching him I learned how to easily pick people off at 1st base without getting called for a balk http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Chris was, and will continue to be, one of my absolute top favorite Brewers ever. Just a talented, hard-working, poised, well-spoken guy that I loved rooting for. Will never forget all the sly pickoff moves. Will always remember going to Miller Park before the 2006 All-Star game with my homemade "Vote for Cappy" t-shirt when he was a Final Vote candidate. Oh, and the man was great on that episode of TY&tR, too.

Was awesome to see him come back and have success last year, I hope the success continues!

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Thanks for everything you gave to the Brewers and the city of Milwaukee, Chris. Your comeback story is truly inspirational to all. You were, and still are a very underrated pitcher with very underrated talent. I hope some team sees that and gives you plenty of opportunities. You were always a favorite of mine. Best of luck in the future brother, and remember, Milwaukee's not like this in the summer!

after two surgeries, most players would leave the game, but it was really inspiring to watch the way you stayed with it and battled back not for a paycheck, but simply because you love the game of baseball. it's impossible not to root for someone like that. when you finally do return to Milwaukee, even if it's in another uniform, you'll be getting a standing ovation from me. class act.

Thanks for all your time here in Milwaukee. Your determination and dedication to come back from both of your surgeries is a great lesson for others. I wish you the best with the Mets. (just not the games you face the Brewers) And thanks for not going to the Cubs http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Cappy, I always looked forward to watching you pitch. You are a great competitor and never gave up, even in the face of a difficult injury for the second time. I wish you the best of luck going forward and will continue to follow how you do. Hopefully some day you make your way back to Milwaukee. All the best to you!

Cappy,

Thanks for being such a competitor during your time in Milwaukee. I was so proud of your return and determination after that second Tommy John. I was bummed out when I had found out you wouldn't be returning to the Brewers, but will be rooting for you in the Apple. Your a class act and the few times I met you at an autograph Friday I always enjoyed the few moments we conversed about recent positives.

Thanks again, I wish more athletes approached the game the way you do. Good luck Caps!

Corey

Archived