Brewer Fanatic

If you have something to say to Chris Capuano, say it here....

splitterpfj
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Chris! You gave me some good memories, and you had some good years here. Your dedication in coming back from the second Tommy John surgery was remarkable. Couldn't have been any happier to see you back this year. Too bad we have to part ways, but best of luck in the future. I think you still have some good years ahead of you. Just keep on trucking along. You will always be remembered here, and you're welcome back any time. You are a Brewer that we all love. GOOD LUCK!
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Cappy -

Thanks for all the memories in the Brewer uniform. Your preseverance in the face of long odds is refreshing in a sporting environment where entitlement and laziness often appear to be the norm. I wish you the best in the future and know that you are always welcome to come back to the Brewers in the eyes of the fans. Thanks.

It was very inspiring watching you come back last year and I will always follow you and be curious about you.

Also, I have to say that my wife always asked if "cappuccino" was pitching everytime we went to a game and always asked about you while you were hurt and she is a casual fan at best. I think she may have had a crush http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Thanks for always giving your all.

Chris, you were always one of my favorite brewers!

I guess the reason I liked you was because you seemed more than just a baseball player; you seemed like a smart and decent guy. Whether it was you learning Spanish to speak to some of your teammates or owning a Segway or your MAD daytime acting skills, it always seemed like you had a lot going for you. All the best to you buddy!

Cappy, this is kind of weird, but you're the reason I became a Brewers fan. As a college student in North Carolina (the other end of Tobacco Road) with a severe baseball addiction, I had the Extra Innings package and started watching your starts in 2005 after you saved my fantasy baseball team. It didn't take me long to fall in love with the team, despite having never been to Wisconsin. Best of luck for the next stage of your career, and thanks for all the memories -- and for making me a Brewers fan.

Best of luck to a fierce competitor on the field, and a hard-working, articulate class-act off it.... one of only a handful of players from each generation that leave a legacy of almost unanimous popularity among Brewer fans. We will follow you in the boxscores, and welcome you back at any capacity in the future. Almost forgot- best pickoff move in team history!

Here's hoping that you continue the momentum that you built last season, and go on to a long successful (and injury-free) career.

Chris - I've been rooting for you since the day you were traded to Milwaukee. Over the years you shown your quality

both on the field and off, and have clearly become one of our favourite Brewers. I don't know of anyone - here or

elsewhere - who wasn't pulling for you to have a successful comeback with the Brewers, and that's testimony to the

positive effect that you've had on people here.

We'll miss you here, and would be happy to see you return one day, but I wish you all the luck in the world wherever

you end up - even if it's with a division rival (although in that case we'd have to root for a 1-0 Brewers victory when

you're pitching against the Brewers).

Thanks and take care. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Best of luck with the obvious unless "it's against the Brewers" or "as a member of the Cubs" caveats.

My girlfriend is more or less destitute at this point.

And I'm not just using fancy words because you went to Duke, I always talk like that.

Hey Chris:

Thanks for being a class act & hard worker. Your comeback from a second TJ surgery was just awesome to see. Sorry that things didn't work out with the Brewers for 2011, but I wish you the best. You've always come across as a really intelligent & down-to-earth person. I'm glad you're going to be able to find a job in someone's starting rotation -- you certainly deserve it.

And even though it might make perfect sense... try your hardest to NOT sign with those stinkin' Cardinals! But honestly, best of luck to you wherever you wind up. You'll always have a big cheering section in Wisconsin. Thanks for busting your butt for Brewers fans.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Hey Chris, friend of Larry Baldassaro here. I know you were one of his favorite all-time Brewers, coming from the same place and all. Apart from that, he would share some stories and insights about you that he picked up being around the team, and a portrait of you emerged in my mind as a fiercely intelligent, hard-working, all-around great guy. It was always easy to root for you, especially as you worked your way back from not one, but two Tommy-Johns. Somehow, I always knew you'd make it back, because you would rehab harder than anyone else, and you could flat-out pitch. Very sorry to see you moving on from the Brewers, but I know that you will land on your feet, and I am eager to follow your continued success. I'll miss watching you pitch for the Crew, and I know Larry will too. Best wishes, Phil.

Hi Chris,

I've always admired your aggressive approach to pitching. You seem like an intelligent, poised competitor and I expect you'll have a terrific year. Sad to see you go but I understand you're looking for a larger role. You've certainly earned it. Best of luck to you and yours!

Chris,

I was at a spring training game in Peoria behind home plate. You were getting rocked and left the game. I joked with my friends that it was a phantom injury...boy did I feel dumb to hear it was the UCL. Best of luck to you, and if there are no other options, please consider being our 6th starter. You'd make our team stronger, and be in position to get to the post-season twice with the Brewers...few others can say that!

Christ, just want to say how much i admired you
Cappy, I like you and all, but I have to admit that I don't think you're the Messiah like patrickgpe does.

I think the saddest part of all of this is that the Brewers now have no soap opera stars on the roster.

Christ, just want to say how much i admired you
Cappy, I like you and all, but I have to admit that I don't think you're the Messiah like patrickgpe does.

I think the saddest part of all of this is that the Brewers now have no soap opera stars on the roster.

Who would've thunk he would be the last one remaining out of those 4?

Best of luck, Chris! I'll be rooting for you when you're not playing the Crew.

Chris,

Duke sucks! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif That aside, best of luck to you and I will miss watching you pitch for the Brewers. I can't imagine what you have been through twice to get back to pitching in the big leagues. Tons of respect.

Cappy,

Your perseverance in the wake of multiple surgeries is amazing. The comeback you had this year was very inspirational to me. I hope your hard work and dedication pay off for you in the future and you latch on with another ball club and are successful, just not against the Brewers http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Also, you made Segways cool.

Everyone's going to miss you, Chris. For my part, it's always refreshing to watch you pitch - your focus and attitude on the mound is quite a contrast to what a lot of us have had to endure as Brewers fans in many recent years' past. Regardless of the situation you are constantly on the attack and throwing strikes, which I for one have always appreciated. I wish you well on your future endeavors, and I'll be watching as often as I can!

Chris, I too was fortunate to meet you on several occasions and even participated in a little practical joke with you against Matt Wise during spring training. I also remember sitting in the stands during a spring training game that you didn't pitch in and you ended up sitting a row ahead of me. Both the person I was with and I were geeked out and took a picture of the back of your head. A picture you ended up autographing later that year back in Milwaukee. These are just a couple of the awesome memories I have of you and I wish you the best of luck at your next stop!

Archived