Brewer Fanatic

If you have something to say to Chris Capuano, say it here....

splitterpfj

OK, I spoke with some folks who are very close to Chris Capuano tonight, they sent this message to Brewerfan, and assured me, if anyone has a message for Chris..post it here, and they will forward a link to him in a few days.

This just in...

"The fans in Milwaukee were really great to Chris. They stood by him

during both surgeries and always had faith in him. Chris wanted to work

something out to come back and compete for a job as a starting pitcher,

but with the additions of Greinke and Marcum, they felt they were set

with their top 4, and Chris Narveson."

So there you have it...if you have something to say to "Cappy"...go for it.

-Todd

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really unfortunate that they had to part ways. Chris was a bright spot on the team and it would have been nice to see him return. Definitely wish him all the best going forward, hopefully he can find something that fits with what he's aiming for next year.

Truly hoping for the best as he hopefully makes it back in the bigs as a starter.

Hi Cappy, I was really hoping you will return, is being the Brewers 6th starter really that bad? You are truly inspirational with the way you've battled back from severe injuries, I wish you all the best in your future endeavours and please take care.

Cap, I loved you on the Brewers, I was hoping you could come back, and I wish you success on any team that won't be competing with the Brewers.

Loved listening to you on Bob and Brian, it was awesome listening to you, your insights and your experiences.

I too wanted Cappy to return...and never say never...

But I'll always fondly remember you as my favorite piece of the Diamondback trade in which we fleeced them. I'll remember you as a guy that helped bring Brewer baseball to respectability after years of emptiness due in part to your emergence as an upper tier starting pitcher. Your pickoff move is obviously brilliant too. I'm glad you are recovered after a few very rough years and find it encouraging that some quality options appear to await you. Best of luck!

Chris, you've been one of my favorites since 2004. Thanks for all the great memories. It's been a blast watching your comeback this past season. You deserve a chance at being a regular starter; I just wish it could be with the Brewers. It won't look right to see you in another uniform - but best of luck wherever you end up!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Chris,

I'll never forget your loving embrace.

Yours forever,

Homer

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I for one do not understand why Chris was not given a shot to win the 5th spot. Competition makes everyone better. I do not mean any offense whatsoever to Chris Narveson. but I don't think he should have been handed a rotation spot. I wish Chris Capuano the best and I really respect him for all the hard work he put in to come back from not one but two TJ surgerys. I am sure he will land on his feet somewhere but hopefully it is not somewhere where he can beat the Brewers!

Cappy

Your perseverance is an excellent model that I will continue to hold up to young athletes.

My son and I had the pleasure to talk to you a couple of times at away ballparks. A few years ago in Atlanta, you spent more time than any other player before or since talking with a middle-aged fan and his young son. Last year in St. Louis you did the same again during bp. The picture I took that day of you and my son hangs on my filing cabinet in my classroom and will continue to stay there.

You will continue to be one of our favorites. Best of luck.

Cappy-

Thanks for the hard work and effort as a Brewer. I know you will find a spot on a major league roster somewhere this season. You know why... you deserve it! With everything(the injuries) you've been through you deserve a little good luck your way.

I'll be rooting for you!

Chris,

No matter how things ended, know that you'll always have a special place in the hearts of Brewers fans. You were a major part of turning this franchise around and getting it to where it is today. We all hope that the players on our favorite team are smart, personable, and class acts -- you were all that and more. I'll miss seeing that sweet, sweet pickoff move, and no matter where you land, you'll always be a Brewer to us.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Thanks Cappy!! I've met you a few times, you were always great to my son and you seemed to take a genuine interest in what he was talking about. That always stayed with me. You are truly one of my favorite Brewers. I even bought special tickets to your first game back at Miller Park this past year and brought the kids. It was like a special even for us. I hope that where ever you land, you do great. Good luck.(I'll still hold out hope that you'll come back to Milwaukee).

Good luck!!

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

We've crossed fingers for you during the highs and the lows.

Your ability to work your way back to playing baseball at the highest level reveals a good deal about your character.

Wherever you take the mound next, we'll be rooting for you (unless the boys from Milwaukee are up at the plate).

Like others here at Brewerfan, I enjoyed watching you represent the Brewers and was especially happy to see you return to MLB action in 2010. I'm disappointed that things aren't working out for 2011 with MIlwaukee and wish you well. Seeing anyone else wear #39 won't feel right.

Thanks for playing.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

It's going to be weird seeing you pitch for another team, but I'll be rooting for you. Although until it's official, I'm still holding out hope that you'll return to the Brewers this season.

You looked great last season, but here's to you coming back stronger than ever in 2011.

Cappy

Like everyone else here, I wish you the best wherever you end up. You've always been classy, hard-working, and genuine and if anyone deserves good things to happen, it's you. You've always been one of the easiest players to cheer for, and with your character, I knew that your would never do something stupid to embarrass Brewer nation. If there is a type of athlete for kids to look up to and emulate, you are that type of athlete. Good luck with everything.

Archived