Brewer Fanatic

Brandon Webb to Texas Rangers

BREWCREW5

More importantly, he's not going to Cincy or St. Louis.

Every time a guy like this is linked to a rival, I think to myself "he'll struggle and be rusty with anyone else, but is just destined to regain form if he plays in our division". We really shouldn't be that nervous about guys likely to miss time and not be very good their first year back, but I still am for some reason.

funketown, he's been throwing for a few months. There's no reason to think his velocity won't come back! The bigger issue is that they never figured out what was wrong with the arm, just that Andrews/Peterson recommended he lower his arm slot

More importantly, he's not going to Cincy or St. Louis.

Every time a guy like this is linked to a rival, I think to myself "he'll struggle and be rusty with anyone else, but is just destined to regain form if he plays in our division". We really shouldn't be that nervous about guys likely to miss time and not be very good their first year back, but I still am for some reason.

My god mothership, you and I are on the same wavelength. I was terrified of the Cards signing him and Duncan working his voodoo on him and watching him regain his Cy Young form.

funketown, he's been throwing for a few months. There's no reason to think his velocity won't come back! The bigger issue is that they never figured out what was wrong with the arm, just that Andrews/Peterson recommended he lower his arm slot
Sounds to me like the type of things that we were hearing about Teddy Higuera 18 or 19 years ago. He may start throwing fairly well in workouts again, and then there will most likely be another setback. The list of pitchers that have came back effectively from major shoulder issues is very, very short

I thought he'd been throwing longer than that (like 6-8 months). I'm still skeptical that he'll be able to bring his velocity back up, given that he's essentially out of baseball for 2 years now.

Good to see Webb isnt going to the ScRubs.

http://msn.foxsports.com/...with-Brandon-Webb-122610

No offense, but the Cubs pulled out of the Webb "sweepstakes", if you can call that, awhile ago. Most in the org feels Webb won't pitch till July and IMO he won't be all that good. In fact I think there is a good chance that guys like Wells and Gorzy will have better 2011 then Webb. So.......there's that.

RedFlash2 wrote:

No offense, but the Cubs pulled out of the Webb "sweepstakes", if you can call that, awhile ago. Most in the org feels Webb won't pitch till July and IMO he won't be all that good. In fact I think there is a good chance that guys like Wells and Gorzy will have better 2011 then Webb. So.......there's that.

Yeah, I don't get why people were talking like Webb would be able to make an immediate impact at the major league level. That's why I was really questioning why the Brewers should go after him, as some were suggesting.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived