Brewer Fanatic

Non-roster invite list

thumperden

The Brewers will add a formal NRI page to their roster section as spring training nears. Until then, here is the list, copied from a Tom H. blog post --

The Brewers have signed shortstop Edwin Maysonet and catcher Shawn Riggans to minor-league deals with invitations to major-league spring training.

Other players already signed to contracts and invited to major-league camp include right-hander Mark DiFelice, out all of 2010 after shoulder surgery; right-hander Tim Dillard, right-hander Robert Hinton, catcher Mike Rivera and right-hander Zack Segovia.

• 2 weeks later...

Crewcrazy, I'd feel more optimistic about Logan's chance for the upcoming MLB season if he'd remained healthy ( who wouldn't I guess). Mostly missing last season, I think it'll take a bit to bring all together again. But I'd love to be wrong. I'm higher on Schafer than Komotsu.

Can Mark DiFelice be optioned directly to the minors or does he have to pass through waivers? It'd be a nice story if he could rebound to form.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Can Mark DiFelice be optioned directly to the minors or does he have to pass through waivers? It'd be a nice story if he could rebound to form.
None of the players on the non-roster invite list are on the 40-man roster. So there is no optioning involved. For most, if not all, the Brewers will issue a statement saying they have "been reassigned to minor league camp".

Minor League camp is also held in AZ. If someone is sent to minor league camp, it's not uncommon for them to occasionally be called back to play for the MLB team, especially when they have a split squad game, or in past seasons when they had to head to Tucson. (I believe all the former Tucson teams are now in the Phoenix area).

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived