Brewer Fanatic

Concerns About the Bullpen?

wcswimmer712
What weird timing. Here i was reading/posting in this thread yesterday and of the guys the OP listed as free agents, Saito was the guy who stuck out most to me if Doug could sign him cheap with some incentives. Never though did i think Melvin would actually try to acquire Saito and then bam, the next day i come on here and see Doug not only was talking to Saito, he signed him.

If Hawkins can have a rebound season, Braddock builds off the success he had last year, and Saito stays healthy, the back end up the pen could be outstanding. Plus, with the improved rotation being able to eat more innings, an older guy like Saito shouldn't have to pitch that often in garbage situations because a starter couldn't go more than 4-5 innings.

Funny, I looked at the list and he was one of the guys I figured the Yankee's or another big market team would eventually sign him and he was out of our budget. I was zeroing in on a reclamation project like Juan Cruz or someone of his ilk.

I would have guessed Saito would have signed for 5 million this year. Not that far off what he COULD make, but still quite a bit more.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Archived