Brewer Fanatic

Defense -- at least the pitchers will help

Mass Haas

It may be painful to watch the Brewers defense this year, which is why I am skeptical about the Greinke trade. They will have below average defenders at every position except 2B (some will argue Weeks is not average, or better) and CF (only if Gomez is starting). Fielder, Betencourt, Braun, and Hart are among the worst at their positions. I would consider McGahee below average as well with his lack of range.

Seems like all the new fielding stats put down Hart as not a great fielder. I guess I'm not going to disagree with that. However, do any of these stats take arm strength into account? It seems to me that Hart as a fairly strong arm. Braun's arm seems to be slightly above average as well.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

The reason why Hart's arm is so awful is because of his foot work and where he catches a fly ball. When he catches a fly ball he puts himself in a horrible position to throw and his arm strength suffers because of this. Braun is the same way though he is a little bit better than Hart not by much though.

Braun is still new to the outfield vs other players that have been playing outfield their whole life. I expect him to get steadily better in getting jumps on balls and get more used to warning tracks/walls. I think throwing accuracy was a problem for him in the infield too so i dont think that will get much better.

Archived