Brewer Fanatic

Are the Brewers postseason favorites?

And That

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Ah, then I would re-word the Wild-Card option. We should be a favorite to make the post-season, but saying favorite to win the Wild Card sounds like someone is head and shoulders better than us (thus we won't win the Central).

I would say favorites to make the post-season, contenders to win the Central. Can I re-vote? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Ah, then I would re-word the Wild-Card option. We should be a favorite to make the post-season, but saying favorite to win the Wild Card sounds like someone is head and shoulders better than us (thus we won't win the Central).
To me, an option just saying we're "Favorites to make the post-season" implies we're either favorites to win the division or wild card. That's why that's not an option.

I think their favorites to win the NL central - they won 77 games with one of the worst rotations in all of baseball and had Hoffmann and Hawkins blow 7 or 8 games early in the season. Assuming the Ax man keeps it up and Greinke and Marcum stay healthy, they should win 90+ games.

I think most would agree that the Phillies are the favorite to win the pennant at this point, easily.

Next, I think there's a group of four teams... Giants, Cardinals, Reds and Brewers. If you ask 24 people to rank those four teams you might get 24 different answers.

I think that makes the Phillies and Giants favorites, while the Cardinals, Reds and Brewers each have about a 66.7% share on the "favorite" title.

I'll round up and call us favorites.

I think the Braves will be better than the Cardinals. I don't expect the Cardinals to make the playoffs.
Outside of Wainwright, Carpenter, Pujols and Holladay, that team is very mediocre. I think Garcia will come back to earth, rest of that rotation is junk. In my book, it's the Brewers and the Reds, with the Cards being the dark horse for the division.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

I think they are the best team in the central, but I don't think they are the favorites due to the schedule. And it's hard to be favorites for the wild-card just because you are competing against so many other teams (who also don't have to play MIN, NY, BOS, TB, and MIN again).

I think the Reds will get better this year so I think we are contenders with them. I think the Cardinals will fall short this year though.
This is basically how I feel. I think the Reds will be in contention all season, but I just don't see the Cardinals having the horses to make it this year.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I just had a wonderful thought. How many other teams are now complaining about their playoff odds because they have to face the Brewers X times and other teams only have to face us Y.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

It's hard for me to pick anyone as a favorite to win the NL Central . I think Cincy, StL, and Milwaukee are all going to be contenders. It may come down to who can stay the healthiest and/or who will make an impact trade during the season.

I feel the same way about the wild card. Atlanta and Philly will both be strong in the East.

So, by default, I had to choose option C.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I think their favorites to win the NL central - they won 77 games with one of the worst rotations in all of baseball and had Hoffmann and Hawkins blow 7 or 8 games early in the season. Assuming the Ax man keeps it up and Greinke and Marcum stay healthy, they should win 90+ games.

Yeah the backend was a major concern last year, but Axford's still a worrisome player for me at the moment.

I'm just too worried he's going to have his command struggles flare up. Luckily I think we've got some depth out there to cover him, namely Braddock, but not much.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

To me, an option just saying we're "Favorites to make the post-season" implies we're either favorites to win the division or wild card. That's why that's not an option.

Then my vote is none of the above. As I mentioned above, "Favorite to win the WC" means we have little chance at the Division title. "Favorites to win at least the WC" would get my vote. But as they are written, none of them apply.

Is this why we stopped doing polls? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

how about... are the Brewers capable of solidifying a playoff berth while having the luxury of setting their rotation such that Greinke & Gallardo pitch in game 1 & 2 on 5 or 6 days rest? (instead of riding Sabathia into the ground in the lead up to, but that's another story).

If the answer is Yes, then I take my chances and I would put the Brewers up against the Phillies for the pennant NO QUESTION.

Archived