Brewer Fanatic

Season tickets thread (Reply 72: Tickets starting to arrive in the mail!)

ilovebeer

Here's a link to the report mentioned by ilovebeer:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/114215589.html

It states that 2011 ties 2009 for the earliest date that the Brewers have reached one million tickets sold.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a link to the daily winners if you are interested in following along. I'm not sure when they update it every day:

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/mil/ticketing/fan40.jsp

edit: I find it interesting that per the official rules the top prize in terms of cash value is the softball game at Helfare park for 20 people. It's listed at $3,500. I have coached teams that have played at Helfaer. IIRC, the field rental is about $700 for 2 teams (some of that depends on if it's a day or night game). That would leave $2,800 for food and beverage. That's $140 per person. Seems a bit high. I'm assuming the food consists mostly of tailgate type food, not fresh lobster flown in from Maine.

[Edit: Fixed link - PA ]

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I find it interesting that per the official rules the top prize in terms of cash value is the softball game at Helfare park for 20 people. It's listed at $3,500. I have coached teams that have played at Helfaer. IIRC, the field rental is about $700 for 2 teams (some of that depends on if it's a day or night game). That would leave $2,800 for food and beverage. That's $140 per person. Seems a bit high. I'm assuming the food consists mostly of tailgate type food, not fresh lobster flown in from Maine.
That might just be an overstated prize value as well.

It would be unfortunate, as you would have to pay taxes on $3,500 for something that isn't nearly as valuable.

All three winners to date look to be business seatholders. I won't begrudge them their good fortune and I'm glad they support the Brewers, but I hope there are eventually some 20-pack winners as well.

How can you tell...and how do you know who the 3rd winner is?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

The Brewers have been posting daily updates on their Facebook page, so if you are (or choose to be) a Facebook user, you could "like" the Brewers page and see the updates as well.

The John and Cait...Plus Nine blog at brewers.com had a post this week showing the Klements "sausage for a year" presentation at the winner's business. The winners to date are also listed on the Fan-tastic Forty page at brewers.com. The January 19 winner is Milport Enterprises, Inc.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The Brewers have been posting daily updates on their Facebook page, so if you are (or choose to be) a Facebook user, you could "like" the Brewers page and see the updates as well.

The John and Cait...Plus Nine blog at brewers.com had a post this week showing the Klements "sausage for a year" presentation at the winner's business. The winners to date are also listed on the Fan-tastic Forty page at brewers.com. The January 19 winner is Milport Enterprises, Inc.

Ahhh....no, I refuse to Facebook.

When you made your original post regarding the 3 winners appearing to be business seatholders they had not posted Wednesdays winner yet on the Fan-tastic Forty page.

I got a phone message from my ticket rep today. I was sooooo sure that I won something, but, alas, he just needed an address.

Darn it.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Just wanted to point out that partial season ticket holders should the Brewers make the playoffs in 2011 will probably be stuck in the Terrace level seats in the stadium according to the Brewers website,

PARTIAL PLANS: 40-Game and 20-Game Plan Holders have the option to

purchase full strips to all Brewers Postseason games played at Miller Park. You

may buy the same number of seats as you hold for the regular season, maximum

of four. Postseason seat locations are not guaranteed, and the majority will be

located on the Terrace Level. Contact your Account Executive for details.

Is anybody else upset by this? This doesn't make any sense to me...

link

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Just wanted to point out that partial season ticket holders should the Brewers make the playoffs in 2011 will probably be stuck in the Terrace level seats in the stadium according to the Brewers website,

PARTIAL PLANS: 40-Game and 20-Game Plan Holders have the option to

purchase full strips to all Brewers Postseason games played at Miller Park. You

may buy the same number of seats as you hold for the regular season, maximum

of four. Postseason seat locations are not guaranteed, and the majority will be

located on the Terrace Level. Contact your Account Executive for details.

link

That's the same way playoff ticket availability has been worded for the past few years. Not surprising really when you think of how many extra tickets that the team would have to provide for the playoffs to media and opposing teams. Also when you think about all of the different plans for partial seat holders, and the fact that all of them would be attending one single game, there is no way that the Brewers could seat everyone in their usual sections or levels.
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Because, say there are 2000 seats in a given section, they sell 4 sets of 20 game packs, selling a total of 3,000 seats.... what should they do with the extra 1,000 people?

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Thats how it happend in '08... We are partial (20 gamers) and we got stuck in 438 instead of the Club level.

I had a 20 game partial in the infield box and my playoff tickets were in the outfield box.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

where are the tickets for the opposing team? Are they all prime seats? Why not put them in the upper deck? After all, they are the visiting team.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

• 1 month later...
PrinceFielderx1[/b]]Just wanted to point out that partial season ticket holders should the Brewers make the playoffs in 2011 will probably be stuck in the Terrace level seats in the stadium according to the Brewers website,

PARTIAL PLANS: 40-Game and 20-Game Plan Holders have the option to purchase full strips to all Brewers Postseason games played at Miller Park. You may buy the same number of seats as you hold for the regular season, maximum of four. Postseason seat locations are not guaranteed, and the majority will be located on the Terrace Level. Contact your Account Executive for details.

http://milwaukee.brewers....cketing/sth/benefits.jsp href="http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/mil/ticketing/sth/benefits.jsp" target=_blank>link

I have not opened this thread for over a month and just saw this post, so sorry for this late resonse. However, my ticket rep has always explained the "pecking order" for playoff tickets as follows: 1st: Full, 2nd: 40 game, 3rd: 20 game, etc. Then within those groups, the priority is based on longevity of the season ticket holder. Our 20 game package is in the Family section (217). In 2008, our playoff tickets were on the same level and 2 or 3 sections down the 1st base line. I have been a partial season ticket holder since 1992 (or 91?). This priority order seem to be pretty logical to me.

So... when am I going to get my 20 pack tickets in the mail? Soon? I'm getting very anxious!

Every year, I wonder why it takes them so long to get these out. If my memory serves me correctly, it will still be a week or two before we get them.

Edit: Just sent my representative an email regarding another matter and got an auto response that most season ticket packages will go out on March 14th.

Well, now pretendastronaut has me all riled up and launching Ticketwatch 2011.

We did get our early-renewal seat vouchers in today's mail. Not as glamorous as a 20 pack, but mail from the Brewers is mail from the Brewers.

I felt better about it until I opened up Brewerfan and saw the Greinke news.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

This is the first year that the tickets won't be coming to our house. We changed the address to my mother-in-law's home, since they use the tickets.

It was always exciting to have the tickets in my hand every year, just to look at them, smell them, and read all the info, even if I wasn't going to use a single one of them. I'm going to miss that.

- - - - - - - - -

Archived