Brewer Fanatic

Season tickets thread (Reply 72: Tickets starting to arrive in the mail!)

ilovebeer
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewers trying a one of a kind season ticket promotion,

JS link

Intriguing. Every day from January 17 through February 25, the Brewers will have a daily drawing of season ticket holders (20 games and up) for prizes. I don't think I would need or want my picture to be on one game's worth of season tickets, but some of the other prizes (the link above includes a few) sound all right. Psst, Brewers: the drawing period includes both my birthday and the S.O.'s. Just saying. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I wonder if this means that season ticket sales still need a boost; or maybe they had this in the works even before the Greinke transaction.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I think this is a fantastic idea. Most of these prizes will not really cost the Brewers to much, if anything, but they are still very nice prizes.

Hawing, I'm with you regarding the picture on season tickets prize. I don't want my picture on every ticket...and I don't think anyone else wants my picture on their ticket.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Hawing, I'm with you regarding the picture on season tickets prize. I don't want my picture on every ticket...and I don't think anyone else wants my picture on their ticket.
Look at it this way: we can always put on enough face paint so people might not be able to tell it's us. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Honestly, if the S.O. is truly drawn for that prize, I'd suggest the photo an usher took of us after the 9/28 wild card clincher. It was our Christmas card photo in 2008, so some fans have already seen it.

Also (random thoughts getting out of hand here), it would be super creepy if the Brewers already had photos of us from a past game. They know where we sit; I'm sure they take lots of crowd photos, and it's possible they operate like UW used tofor Camp Randall games.

As its an AD in the JS... does anybody want to find a link or take the time to list all 40 items.

-----EDIT----

Eh I found it

January 17 Klement's Sausage for a Year. The Klement's Famous Racing Sausages will deliver Klement's Sausage to your home. Winner receives a year's supply of Klement's Sausage products.
January 18 Your Very Own Ticket. For one game during the 2011 season, your photo will be printed on every season ticket.
January 19 Game with Gorman. You and nine guests will sit in a Club Suite for a game, complete with food and beverage. Enjoy a visit from Brewers alum Gorman Thomas.
January 20 Keeper of the Grounds. Be a groundskeeper at Miller Park for a game.
January 21 Friendly Game of Catch. Catch 10 pitches from one of the Brewers bullpen pitchers and take home a ball signed by that player.
January 22 Gehl Club 4-Pack. Win four stadium seats in a Gehl Club 4-Pack, valued at $1,520.
January 23 Autographed Bat & Jersey. Win an autographed bat and jersey from a current Brewers player.
January 24 Bernie's Slide. Get the chance to go down Bernie's Slide, just like Bernie does.
January 25 Eat, Drink and Repeat. Receive $500 in food and beverage concession vouchers, courtesy of DNC Sportservice.
January 26 You in the Owner's Suite. Watch a game from the Owner's Suite with Brewers executives and 10 guests.
January 27 View from the Bullpen. You and five friends will sit in the bullpen as the Brewers take batting practice prior to a game.
January 28 All-Star Game Jersey Presentation. Co-present the All-Star Game jersey to a Brewers 2011 All Star on the field. Take home an authentic All-Star jersey signed by that player.
January 29 Party in the Clubhouse. Host a party for you and 19 guests during the offseason in the Brewers Visitors Clubhouse, catered by DNC Sportservice.
January 30 Announce the Starting Lineup. Announce the starting lineup for the Brewers over the Miller Park PA system.
January 31 Surprise Your Sweetie. Bernie and/or the Klement's Famous Racing Sausages will deliver roses to your sweetie on Valentine's Day.
February 1 Tour the Roof. Take a tour of the Miller Park roof. Plus, you'll have a chance to operate it!
February 2 The Owner's Seats. You and three friends will sit in Owner's seats, located next to the home dugout, for a game. Enjoy a visit from Brewers executives.
February 3 Hitting Lesson with Dale. Win a private lesson from Brewers Hitting Coach Dale Sveum while you and a guest take batting practice before a game at Miller Park. Take home a Brewers batting helmet signed by Sveum.
February 4 Be at the Draft. Travel to the site of the 2011 MLB Amateur Draft as a member of the Brewers contingent. Airfare and hotel accommodations provided.
February 5 Club Suite for Twenty. Win a Club Suite for 20 people, including ballpark fare for your guests, courtesy of DNC Sportservice.
February 6 Palermo's Pizza for a Year. Win a one-year supply of Palermo's Pizza.
February 7 Run the Klement's Famous Sausage Race. Choose which Klement's Famous Racing Sausage you want to be as you race for a victory during the 6th inning of a game with two of your friends holding the finish line.
February 8 Private Shopping Spree. Win $1,000 to spend in the Brewers Team Store by Majestic during a private shopping session.
February 9 Party with Doug. You and nine guests will sit in a Club Suite for a game complete with food and beverage. Enjoy a visit from Brewers General Manager Doug Melvin.
February 10 Autographed Baseballs. Take home a set of baseballs autographed by each member of the 2011 Brewers starting rotation.
February 11 Gaming on the Scoreboard. Play video games on the new Brewers scoreboard from the Scoreboard Control Room with three of your friends.
February 12 Tailgate for Twenty. Enjoy a tailgate for 20 prior to a 2011 Brewers home game, catered by DNC Sportservice. Includes 20 game tickets.
February 13 Do the Dew Deck. Enjoy a game in the Dew Deck with 19 of your closest friends. Complete with food and beverage, courtesy of DNC Sportservice.
February 14 Manage the Mini Sausage Race. Win all five spots as Mini-Racing Sausages in the Sunday relay race during the 6th inning of a game, as well as 10 Field Level tickets to that game.
February 15 Wrigley Field Rooftop. You and three guests will enjoy a Brewers-Cubs game from a Wrigley Field Rooftop, complete with food and beverage.
February 16 Owner's Box Seats at Wrigley. Sit in the Visiting Owner's Box at Wrigley Field. Includes transportation and tickets for two on the Amtrak Hiawatha Service.
February 17 You in the TV Booth. Visit the truck, television booth and sit in on the post-game show. Meet and take a photo with FSWisconsin broadcasters.
February 18 Team Photo. You will be included in a photo with the entire 2011 Brewers roster and coaching staff.
February 19 VIP Luncheon. You and a guest will sit at the head table during the 2011 Season Seat Holder Luncheon in the NYCE Stadium Club with two Brewers players and/or coaches and Brewers executives. Take home an autographed baseball from each player and/or coach.
February 20 Press Pass. Enjoy a pre-game dinner and take in three innings from the Brewers Press Box. Watch the remainder of the game from Field Diamond Box seats.
February 21 You in Control. Watch the game from the Scoreboard Control Room and see firsthand how the brand new scoreboard works.
February 22 Signed Opening Day Baseballs. Take home a set of nine baseballs each autographed by a member of the Brewers starting lineup on Opening Day.
February 23 Room with a View. You and seven guests will enjoy a private party in the Brewers Club Level Board Room during part of a game. Watch the remainder of the game from Field Diamond Box seats.
February 24 Softball at Helfaer Field. Play a softball game at Helfaer Field, complete with complimentary food and beverage from DNC Sportservice for 20 people.
February 25 Welcome to the Big Leagues. Sign a one-day Major League contract, complete with full uniform plus one day's pay at the MLB minimum salary.

You knew me as Myday2001.

Like I stated, I think this is a great promotion. However, I always thought the Brewers should do something to acknowledge LT season ticket holders. Perhaps have some "aniversary" gifts or rewards (i.e. 10th straight year as season ticket holder, 15th, 20th, etc). Or perhaps a rewards points program that adds points each year you renew and the point values increase every year. These points could be used in the team store or at concessions. If you have been a 15 or 20 (or even 10) year continuous season ticket holder, you have sat through some pretty rough seasons and yet you have continued to renew year after year. It would be nice to see the Brewers reward that loyalty.

One thought I had was to give Season ticket holder extra "entries" in this prize give away based on the number of years they have been season ticket holders. However, I realize that this would kind of defeat the main goal of this promotion, which appears to be to get new season ticket holders.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Just for the record: brewers.com link to the Fantastic 40 promotion.

Looking over that full list of promotions...man, the roof tour (February 1 prize) would probably be interesting, but difficult for a heights-o-phobe to overcome. I'm not sure how I would populate the mini-sausage race (February 14 prize) without making some of my nieces and nephews mad.

And I would be incensed if we won one of the "delivery" based prizes (sausages deliver sausage, January 17 prize / sausages deliver roses to your sweetie, January 31 prize) and then were disqualified for living outside the sausages' usual traveling radius.

Einhorn, in past years the fan's choice package has been available for

all 81 home games, though as you realize (and others have pointed out),

seat location is not guaranteed and is more likely to vary/degrade for

opening day, other marquee games, popular promotions, etc.

Per the Fan-tastic Forty rules, you can enter without purchasing a season ticket package, by mail or by visiting the Miller Park Business Offices and filling out a form.

I imagine they legally have to provide a "no purchase necessary" means of winning, but that would appear to put a dent in the incentive to buy a season ticket package. (Except for us ultra die-hards who do it anyway.)

Per the Fan-tastic Forty rules, you can enter without purchasing a season ticket package, by mail or by visiting the Miller Park Business Offices and filling out a form.

I imagine they legally have to provide a "no purchase necessary" means of winning, but that would appear to put a dent in the incentive to buy a season ticket package. (Except for us ultra die-hards who do it anyway.)

Pretty sure they just say that because they have to. I'd think that the people who don't buy season tickets don't really have a chance of winning, or the season ticket holders have a better chance of winning. Otherwise, this promotion makes no sense at all.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Does anybody know if you are on the Season Ticket payment plan if you still get an entry? In reading the rules, it appears that you must be paid in full, but that won't happen until March for those season ticket holders on the payment plan like me. Maybe I should call my ticket agent?

As someone who's been a 9 game holder since they were introduced, I'm a little disappointed this is only for 20 and up packages. I understand why, but we live too far away to make a 20 game package really feasible for us. So I'm going to try mailing in an entry, can't hurt, and all it will cost me is a stamp, much cheaper than a 20 game package.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll bump this to report that the prize drawings began yesterday (Monday 1/17) and the Brewers appear to be displaying the name of each day's winner on electronic billboards. Like today's winner (photo is from the Brewers' Facebook page):

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs021.snc6/165160_10150089684430003_45083850002_6365478_6981033_n.jpg

So, unless one of you is Derrick Iseler - and you don't have to say if you are - we've dodged the bullet of being photographed for a game ticket.

Archived