Brewer Fanatic

Season tickets thread (Reply 72: Tickets starting to arrive in the mail!)

ilovebeer

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dadofandrew[/b]]That's 10 gross of shirts. Seems like an odd amount until you figure that out.

That's a good catch Al. I was wondering why it was 1440.

So a gross is 144? Is that an industry standard? I'd be curious as to how that number came about.

I wish I knew when the shirts would be available today. I know it's almost impossible to call the clubhouse and have a person answer. I'd like to go at lunch and pick one up for my son at Christmas..but I don't want to waist the trip if they are not going to be there by then.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Ok, why is a gross 12 dozen? Why not 10 dozen or 14 dozen? Is this considered a gross for everything (not just shirts)? If so, I never knew that. Sorry, I know I brought this thread way off tangent.

If anyone has any inside info on what time the shirts will be arriving today...please share!

edit: After doing a little more research, I see that 144 is a standard gross for everything. Wow, learn something new every day. I didn't realize that there was a standard number that defined gross. I thought it differed depending on what and from who you were ordering.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

More of a schedule question.... but I paid for my renewal Monday but haven't picked my games yet. We're doing that this week. I see a bunch of "All-Fan Giveaway" dates denoted on the schedule already (4/24, 5/22, 6/12, etc)... are these the bobblehead games? Or could they be another type of giveaway?

I kinda want to make sure I attend some bobblehead games, but I don't want to wait til February to pick my games.

The Brewers should have made a great gross (a dozen gross) of shirts available. That way, they could have announced that they had 1,728 for sale.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I see a bunch of "All-Fan Giveaway" dates denoted on the schedule already (4/24, 5/22, 6/12, etc)... are these the bobblehead games? Or could they be another type of giveaway?

I kinda want to make sure I attend some bobblehead games, but I don't want to wait til February to pick my games.

I am reasonably confident that those are the bobblehead dates. Even if one turned out to be, say, nesting doll day, you could always trade your nesting doll for a bobble you really wanted.

(Note: I stated "nesting dolls" as an example. I have no inside information on next year's giveaways.)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Ok, why is a gross 12 dozen?
From Wikipedia:

The use of gross likely originated from the fact that 144 can be counted on the fingers using the fingertips and first two joints of each finger when marked by the thumb of one hand. The other hand is then used to count multiples of 12. Therefore, 12 countings of 12 equals 144. It is a simple counting system that can be practiced without paper or other marks.

Eeeeenteresting.

dlk9s[/b]]
Patrick425[/b]]Ok, why is a gross 12 dozen?
From Wikipedia:

The use of gross likely originated from the fact that 144 can be counted on the fingers using the fingertips and first two joints of each finger when marked by the thumb of one hand. The other hand is then used to count multiples of 12. Therefore, 12 countings of 12 equals 144. It is a simple counting system that can be practiced without paper or other marks.

Eeeeenteresting.
So, people were basically using their fingers like an abacus...yes, interesting.

edit: By the way...picked up a Greinke shirt yesterday for my son for as a Christmas gift. Something about seeing Greinke on the back of a shirt that says "Brewers" on the front brings a smile to my face.

I see a bunch of "All-Fan Giveaway" dates denoted on the schedule already (4/24, 5/22, 6/12, etc)... are these the bobblehead games? Or could they be another type of giveaway?
If you look under "group sales" in the ticket area the bobble head dates are listed as such.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Ordered my 4-pack on Wednesday night at 11:00 p.m. and got the tickets today. Kudos to the ticket office getting the 4-packs out to people for Christmas. It will be a lot nicer to give the tickets to my family than a web receipt.

Can't wait for the season to start!

Ordered my 4-pack on Wednesday night at 11:00 p.m. and got the tickets today. Kudos to the ticket office getting the 4-packs out to people for Christmas. It will be a lot nicer to give the tickets to my family than a web receipt.

Can't wait for the season to start!

agreed. My mother in law has been doing that for a christmas present for me for about 4 years now. I love having hard tickets in my hand on christmas.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

"I don't think 9 packs are on sale yet anyway."

I don't know if I should say this or not, but when I ordered my 20-game pack, I asked about 9-game ones. They would have sold me one, if I wanted.

They do have them ready, just has not been advertised yet. I assume when the 20-game pack sales die down after the Greinke excitement, they will start advertising them.

Archived