Brewer Fanatic

Bonds could hit milestone homer in Milwaukee

Kpanz20
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody planning on purchasing some bleacher seats or standing on the walkway in right-center?

I'll be in the LF bleachers as part of my 4-pack for the saturday game. 10 rows up above the restaurant...not much of a chance in left field, but my brother and i are prepared...one of us doing the roundhouse kick and the other catching it.

I would love to say that I would do mean things with the ball and get back at Bonds or whatever, but I gotta be realistic...I'm all for retiring at 25 http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Just remembered, I checked about a week ago and the entire outfield for that series is sold out for the most part. I may have missed something though. Apparently the rest of Brewer nation and the surrounding areas have been watching Bonds and planning ahead.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

The more I envision the site of Bonds hitting the homer in an away venue, the more I understand how it would be a real bad occurence. Home runs are a lot different than hits though, they don't happen as often. What if he's one away and they have a decent sized road trip ahead. What are they going to sit him for 2 series? or would he really just not take home run hacks?

I would sell the ball. there's nothing wrong with selling items of value. people sell jewelry and art pieces all the time. people sell baseball cards without giving it a second thought. People sell their 4 H raised and fed cow and pig. Good bye Babe, Wilber and Charlotte. hello pork chops and hot dogs. people sell their 1964 VW bug. I would have no problem in catching the ball and then selling it to the highest bidder. if Cooperstown wants it , they will have to be the highest bidder.

i have a baseball with fielder, weeks and gwynn's signature on it when all three played for Beloit. if somebody made me an offer for it, I'd take it. College education costs are not on the down swing. Univ of Michigan's out of state tuition isn't going to disapear.

i love baseball, but i have bills to pay and future medical care and college expenses. it all adds up.

Bonds hit one tonight.

He could break it this week in Cincy the way the ball carries there.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

In a money-less world I would throw it back, just like any other opposing player's HR ball I'd catch. Plus it would just be extra sweet to throw that one back.

But...I need to pay for college and I'm sure #755 or 756 would more than pay for that.

I'm trying to imagine how I would explain to my wife I that I had caught at milestone HR ball worth (potentially) hundreds of thousands of dollars but, in a defiant moment, had thrown it back onto the field. Just guessing that it wouldn't play out so well . . .

gotta agree with you ru rah rah rah.

after spending $120 for 3 seats to watch a game, I would never be able to explain it to my wife either why i would throw back a ball that could be worth $1 million. that's why i'd keep it and then sell it.

I've never understood why people throw back balls to begin with . it seems so stupid. you catch the ball only to throw it back? that sounds like something Cub fans would do. I sure wouldn't want to copy a cub fan tradition.

I can see it now, your wife sees you catch the ball on TV. She goes out and buys a Lexus. and then you come home and say you threw it back out of defiance. Yup, that would go over real big.

If I catch the ball, I'll be starting a web site wherein people can offer a combination of cash and a plan for its destruction. That's probably not worth a million dollars, but it's a little from column A and a little from column B, and I'd be happy with it.

If they played him he could very well be hitting for the record in Milwaukee, but like everyone else has said that team is not good and it would be a PR nightmare. I would love to see him hit it for the record and be booed out of the stadium.

Which ball would be worth more? I would Imagine 756 would be worth much more than 755. Anyway, If I caught 756, I would offer it back to Bonds for a kings ransom, and if he doesn't want the ball then I'll sell it, if the HOF wants it then i may let them have it for a million or so.

Let's say that somehow he did play and did hit the record tying or breaking HR in Milwaukee. Now, imagine all the Milwaukee fans booing loudly, maybe throwing things, etc.

Do you think this would start a fan war with SF? Imagine when the Brewers are in SF in August. Would the SF fans boo Fielder every time he's up and hold up signs about steroids?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Quote:
If I catch the ball, I'll be starting a web site wherein people can offer a combination of cash and a plan for its destruction. That's probably not worth a million dollars, but it's a little from column A and a little from column B, and I'd be happy with it.

Now this...this is brilliant, and I too would be more than happy with the result of this plan.

If selling outright or auctioning, I have a feeling that ball will be worth well over $1 million. Didn't McGwire's 62nd go for something between $2-3 million? I would think #756 would be worth more than that, depending on the stategy used.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

• 2 weeks later...

Bonds hit 2 HRs today and is now 2 HRs away from tying.

Questions:

1) Is hitting the record TYING HR important to do in SF?

2) If so, let's say he hits a HR in the 1st or 2nd inning tomorrow. Do they then take him out of the game?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

There is some justice to Bonds coming to Milwaukee nearing the record. In this way, his toxic and cloying self-pity can be counterposed with the regal dignity of Henry Aaron.

Every time Bonds' name is mentioned in the same breath as Aaron, his pumpkin-headed legacy seems to shrink to the same diameter as those of his steroid-ravaged testes.

Light the candles on the Henry Aaron plaque and let Bonds be eclipsed in his thieving of the record by the real record-holder, who, God-willing, will be on the 10th tee at the time.

This is good for the Brewers. I think it's likely that Bonds will be sitting 2 games and maybe 3 because of the record. Being the only real threat in the Giants lineup, the Brewers will have an easier time getting some wins.

With SF heading home after the weekend, I don't see any way they let him break it on the road. They may let him get to 755 in Milwaukee (the same place Aaron hit 755), but he will not see a single AB after that on the road. They will sit him saying they want him to break it in front of the home crowd, which probably has some creedence, but I am guessing it is more to avoid what would undoubtedly be a rather embarassing scene of a guy breaking the record and circling the bases in a shower of boos (whether in Milwaukee or anywhere else).

Quote:
Questions:

1) Is hitting the record TYING HR important to do in SF?

IMHO, Bonds will do all he can to hit 755 in Milwaukee since it is the same place Aaron hit his 755th. All of the boos, etc. coming from milwaukee fans would play right into Barry's victim mentality, it would make Selig look bad since he would be sitting right down he street if not at the game, and would give the morons at ESPN another lame angle. I also assume he would immediately take a seat and hit 756 in SF in front of the adoring knucleheads who will undoubtedly create a very pleasant scene when he does break the record.

Maybe MLB should start working on the interleague schedules so that A-Rod is in Milwaukee when he is about to hit 755 in a few years. .

I guess I don't understand the big deal about where the record gets broken. If I'm manager, I'm playing my best player no matter what/where (as long as he's ok to play). Honestly, is it really worth sacrificing potential wins to create a slight buzz at a couple home games?

Archived