Brewer Fanatic

Greinke traded to Milwaukee; Latest -- more on how it came about

Mass Haas

From the Melvin presser transcript:

Did you envision coming away with Greinke and Marcum when you said you wanted to add 1-2 starters going into the winter meetings: “No, they weren’t really on our list because I didn’t think there was a chance to get them.”

For some reason, this just makes the offseason *that* much sweeter right now.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone know when jersey shirts will go on sale at Miller Park? I'm coming back to the Milwaukee area for the holidays and know it will make a great Christmas present!!
It looks like the Jersey t-shirts will be in by Wednesday. It doesn't say anything about the jerseys but I would think you get a custom one made. Not sure if you are looking for authentic or more of a replica.

http://brewers.mlblogs.com/

[quote author=Drick23 wrote:

[/b]

Then we come to Cain. This one is tough because he can be very good player. Look how Nelson Cruz turned out, and I think Cain is more seasoned and better than Cruz was back then. He is major league ready and it would have been nice to see what he can bring to the table full time.

I was a Lorenzo fan as well but I don't think I would compare him to Nelson Cruz. Cruz was 26 when he was traded and had already been traded twice before that. He didn't put together a big season until he was 28, which came after he was already designated for assignment. Cain is 24 and spent 6 weeks in the majors. I would've liked to have held on to Cruz too but Cain hasn't shown the power Cruz has. To me, Cain is (and will be) just an average offensive player, while playing above average defense. Cruz is a legit power hitter, though he just needs to stay healthy. I don't think we can really compare the two.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

I don't think outsiders really realize how much better the Brewers just got. I guess I much prefer it that way. The trickle-down effect of adding Greinke and Marcum will be enormous. If the Brewers have health on their side this season there's little keeping them from a deep playoff run.

Crew2323]I found this interview with Zack Greinke. I'm not sure how old it is, but it gives a peek into his personality and some of his quirkiness. It starts a little slow, but it gets pretty funny.

http://www.thedashow.com/mp3/da-greinke.mp3

This is a pretty funny interview. Definitely quirky. Reminds me a lot of the Ben Sheets interviews.

I found this interview with Zack Greinke. I'm not sure how old it is, but it gives a peek into his personality and some of his quirkiness. It starts a little slow, but it gets pretty funny.

http://www.thedashow.com/mp3/da-greinke.mp3

This is a pretty funny interview. Definitely quirky. Reminds me a lot of the Ben Sheets interviews.
Without listening I am guessing thats the interview where he talks about crying in bed and screaming "WHY?" after Brad Pitt and Jennifer Anniston broke up. Hilarious stuff. Sometimes I think he is serious though too. Its like he doesn't really get white lies or irony. In that instance I am pretty sure he was trying to be funny, but some of the stuff he does with fellow players is just crazy...in an endearing way.

I told my wife it was probably the happiest I’d been since I got drafted, like, 10 years ago. In baseball – I was happy when we got married, too.

We might have to start a thread just for awesome Greinke quotes. Zack is going to be entertaining as hell for us in a lot of ways.

It has been all over MLB Network though. Hot Stove opened with a lengthy segment, and tonight's Front Burner was practically the "Zack Greinke/Milwaukee Brewers Hour." Which just reinforces why ever since the network debuted I haven't turned to ESPN for a single second of baseball coverage with the exception of live games.

Not that they really care at all but has ESPN even mentioned this. I know they had NFL games to show but I don't think it was mentioned once on SportsCenter this morning.
I know I shouldn't expect much from ESPN, but all I really heard today was PTI mention it as part of their "other notes" portion. I don't subscribe to MLB Network, so I count on ESPN for my breaking MLB news. The thing that really bothers me is knowing that if Greinke had been traded to the Yankees this would be a 15 minutes Sportcenter segment.

I didn't see the front burner piece, I was talking about the Hot Stove opening. It was great to see that someone actually covered the trade as it got glossed over everywhere else. Dan Patrick this morning talked about it for about 30 seconds before it turned into a Jason Werth topic. I was only trying to point out that during the 5 minute segment they were wrong on a few key points, but at least they were talking about it and obviously thought it made the team much better going forward.

I agree, Reynolds and Williams mentioning Escobar in the OF was a headscratcher. However, Front Burner more than made up for it. It was Heyman and Rosenthal, two guys who actually know what they're talking about. The entire first half hour was about the Brewers concluding with a nice interview with DM. The remaining segments were also Brewer heavy, as both Heyman and Rosenthal said as of right now they'd pick the Brewers to win the Central. Also, when covering the offseason winners and losers, both men said the Brewers were the #1 winners this offseason with the Red Sox and Phillies following. They're replaying it at 10 central time if anyone wants to catch it.

I see Greinke will wear #13.
Ah, yes, the number of Zacks/Zachs. Let the printing of the shirseys commence!

Rather astonishing to me. Zach Jackson, then Zach Braddock, now Zack Greinke. If there have been any other #13s on the team in the last few years, I can't recall....

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

I told my wife it was probably the happiest I’d been since I got drafted, like, 10 years ago. In baseball – I was happy when we got married, too.

We might have to start a thread just for awesome Greinke quotes. Zack is going to be entertaining as hell for us in a lot of ways.

This is a fantastic idea. I completely agree on the multi-facted entertainment value.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived