Brewer Fanatic

2010 Bowman Draft Picks live this week, Dec 15th

miggs721

I'm just a novice baseball card collector, but I'll take a stab at it.

Most sets of baseball cards have "parallel sets" that are serial numbered. For example, in recent years, the regular Topps set has had a "gold parallel" set that is numbered to the year that the card was produced. I have a Jonathan Lucroy rookie card from this year's Topps set that is #'d 1563/2010. The gold parallel cards are randomly inserted in packs of regular Topps at a ratio of 1:6 (1 card in every 6 packs). These #'d parallel cards can be fun to collect for two big reasons. First of all, a parallel set can be more challenging to assemble than a regular base set. Secondly, for people who collect cards of their favorite players, a #'d card is somewhat rare and is a neat addition to a player collection.

Higher end sets of baseball cards have several parallel sets- some of which are extremely low runs. For example, in the set in question, "Bowman Draft Picks and Prospects," there are sets serial #'d to 299, 199, 50, 25, 5, and 1. In this set, a card that is serial #'d 1/1 is a one of a kind card known as a "superfractor." The Jonathan Lucroy superfractor, which is also considered a rookie card, is currently going for $23 on eBay. I wouldn't be surprised if it hit $50 before the auction closes.

I busted a case a couple days ago. Nothing fantastic. Probably lost about 300 bucks - but fun break.

There's only two brewer prospects, Cody Hawn and Tyler Thornburg, neither of which I pulled anything nice of.

And Scooter Gennett has an aflac auto (numbered to 230) I didn't pull any aflacs from my case.

That's pretty cheap on the Lucroy super. I think I paid around that for 2007 gold refractors at one time..

Miggs,

Autos were:

Micheal Choice, Yasmani Grandl, Justin O'Connor, Kaleb Cowart, Christain Yelich, Kolbrin Vitek,

Bryce Brentz, Chavez Clarke, Matt Olson (USA)

Gary Brown redemption

Drew Pomeranz refractor redemption

Aaron Sanchez Blue refractor, Chris Chinea Blue refractor (USA)

Mike Foltynewicz Gold refractor

and Sean Brady Red refractor (USA)

Other color refractors of note:

Christian Colon Orange, Taylor Lindsey Gold, Juan Francisco Gold, Christian Colon Blue,

Zach Green Blue, Ivan Pelaez Blue, Felipe Perez Blue, and 4 other RC blues that'll sell for 2 bucks.

13 other regular prospect and usa refractors.

Not great, not terribly horrendous.

So what Brewers prospect cards are you guys after anyway? Want to do some trading?

Archived