Brewer Fanatic

Anyone in the Fox Cities want to play basketball?

parkside21

I play basketball with a group of guys at a local church in Apple-ton on Wednesday nights during the summer. We usually get 10-14 guys to play during the fall and sping months (Monday nights), but we're having trouble drawing people during the summer (softball leagues, golf leagues, family commitments, etc.). So, anyways, if anyone is looking to get out and get a little exercise, we'd be glad to have you. We play at Good Shephard Church in Apple-ton on College Ave. None of us are that good, but we get some exercise and have fun.

It's a good mixture of ages, I'm in my 20's, and we have some in their 30's, 40's and a couple even in their 50's that run circles around us. The gym is nothing fancy, it's a small gym with tile floor. We usually just play pick up games to 11 or 15 and switch teams up when necessary. We try to run full court 4 on 4, but like I said, we're only drawing 5 or 6 guys during the summer so if anyone wants to come out and get some exercise and play with us, hopefully we can get up to 8 at least, until the fall months roll around and we start picking up more guys again.

We play Wednesday nights around 5:15 and usually play until 6:30 or 7, depending how many guys show up.

If you have any questions or want to come out and get some exercise with us, let me know via inbox or just post on here.

Josh

(ps....I should also mention, don't worry about it being in a church, some people that play are members of the church, some aren't. I'm not, and I've never been pressured to join the church or anything like that.)

Archived