Brewer Fanatic

The Marcus Majestic Theatre

cweber39

I have, and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

It's a tiered, stadium seating, place, where everyone sits at long tables which stretch over the entire row. Basically, you sit in swivel/office-type chairs.

The food is decent and reasonably priced. The nice thing is that since there's a two item minimum (drink and food, drink and appetizer, whatever) it prices out a lot of the snot-nosed kids who use movie theaters as their social gathering places to talk during the movies and text people on their annoyingly bright cell phones.

I'm planning on frequenting it quite a bit.

Quote:
It's a tiered, stadium seating, place, where everyone sits at long tables which stretch over the entire row. Basically, you sit in swivel/office-type chairs.

Brain, if you go up a few rows the long tables give way to half circle tables. Each table seats four people, perfect for two couples.

And I agree about keeping certain segment of movie goers out. Thats been the best part so far. I've been there three times and plan on making it a regular thing.

I don't know how strictly they enforce this rule, but the website says "No Children". I actually took my son there to see Spiderman (before I read the website), granted it was a 5pm showing, but it's another thing that makes the Saturday night showings more attractive. There is also a small bar area that is off limits to anyone not seeing a show in the Palladium.

Overall I give the place a thumbs up. You'll probably spend close to $75 - $100 on the tickets, drinks, food & tip (18% gratuity added plus whatever you leave) for two people. In addition to movies, the Palladium hosts comedy shows on a couple times a month.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Quote:
Overall I give the place a thumbs up. You'll probably spend close to $75 - $100 on the tickets, drinks, food & tip (18% gratuity added plus whatever you leave) for two people.

Unless your steak and high priced drinks, otherwise you won't spend that much there. Prices are comparable to Applebess, Chili's etc. When we went we ended up spending $40.

Quote:
I don't know how strictly they enforce this rule, but the website says "No Children". I actually took my son there to see Spiderman (before I read the website), granted it was a 5pm showing,

I think you can bring children to the earlier showings.

Archived