Brewer Fanatic

Pirates sign Kevin Correia - 2/8m deal

jjkoestler

Per MLB Trade Rumors

http://www.mlbtraderumors...-sign-kevin-correia.html

I am thrilled with this signing. I wanted no part of Correia.

This was exactly the amount I said I thought would be worth giving to Correia.

I must say, I don't understand why some are SO down on Correia. He wouldn't be a bad option for the backend at all. I'm not going to shed a tear because we didn't sign him as he's just a guy to me, but I wouldn't have been too disappointed to see him added for 4 million to round out the rotation. I'd certainly prefer that to 10 million a year for 2-3 to Pavano which I still fear may be coming.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

even if you don't think Correia's that good, you can't hate him at 2/8. Surprised he didn't get more in a pretty thin SP market.
It's a fine deal for the Pirates, but the Brewers already have their number 5 in Cappy/Narvy assuming they sign another pitcher.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Considering he had a 3.91 ERA in 2009, this isn't a bad signing at all. He could end up being a decent middle of the rotation starter...or a #5. But two years at $4 M per isn't too bad of a deal for Pittsburgh to find out.

But at that kind of money you could have Ty Wigginton!

and Pittsburgh will be signing Scott Olson if he passes a physical which is not a sure thing for him.

These are the kind of moves Pittsburgh needs to make, their home grown arms (Duke, Snell, Gorzallaney) did not pan out except for Maholm and McCuthen (who was a Yankee guy first) so they need to look outside for some bargins. To add a veteran of Correia for two years and to kick the tires is not a bad deal.

Archived