Brewer Fanatic

SO now what does Melvin do to add that second starter.

If we can get a guy equal to or better than Randy Wolf, we should have quite a nice rotation and we should be able to compete this coming season. Especially if they somehow acquire this guy without losing Prince.

I've been thinking about Carl Pavano despite the drawbacks for those very reasons.

@WiscoSportsNut

I think Capuano will be re-signed regardless, but I don't want him penciled into the rotation. I'd rather use him in the bullpen and as a spot starter. If he beats out Narveson or whomever in spring training for a rotation spot, then fine.

I don't like the Pavano idea if it requires more than a two year deal. Webb is intriguing, but you have to wonder how soon he'd be able to actually pitch again.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I think they'll add a veteran that will take a one year deal. I'm betting it's either Capuano, Washburn or Correia. If I had to narrow it down, I'd pick Correia simply because he's right handed and has experience pitching out of the pen if they want to open a spot for Rogers.

Given that Correia's career is one good year followed by one bad year and that this would be his good year coming up, I'd be all right with it.

I'm still holding out hope for a Gavin Floyd trade. Maybe McGehee and a pitching prospect for Floyd. I actually like Correia as a solid back end type, but as chadomac stated we really need somebody who's more of a 2 type starter to have a significant impact.

My preference is to trade McGehee. Dangling Cain is an interesting move that could get a nice starter too. Greinke is probably out of the question at this point. They don't have enough to get him without Lawrie.

I have seen several posts on BF about the possiblity of trading McGehee. Who plays third then? Gamel? Yuck....not a big fan of Gamel.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

My preference is to trade McGehee. Dangling Cain is an interesting move that could get a nice starter too. Greinke is probably out of the question at this point. They don't have enough to get him without Lawrie.

Cain, Rogers and Jeffress could be enough (assuming KC likes those 2 pitchers)

Since it seems more likely that Jeffress sticks as a reliever, I don't have much worry about dealing him. A great reliever just isn't worth that much to me. Rogers is so close at this point that I'd be hesitant to deal him, though. We also need some depth in the rotation.

Cain, Rogers and Jeffress could be enough (assuming KC likes those 2 pitchers)

I suppose it's possible, but I'd be surprised if that was enough. None of those are rated as highly as Lawrie. I think there's about to be a serious bidding war and that KC will get a haul that the Brewers couldn't match.

Rogers really isn't that close. Sure he could be up in June or he could need a full season of AAA plus part of next year to get his command down. His BB/9 in AA was 5.56

Wouldn't this blow a rather substantial hole then in the "Rogers+Jeffress+Cain" trade?

If he's not close, and he's so wild, why would the Royals want him? For the record, I think the Royals hang up giggling after hearing that offer.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Archived