Brewer Fanatic

Brewers acquire Shaun Marcum for Brett Lawrie 1 for 1; 3/24/12 -- Jayson Stark article

crewcrazy

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is great news. I always liked Marcum and I never really knew why (saw him pitch pretty rarely). I had had him on my fantasy baseball team each of the past three years because I always thought he was a pretty solid pitcher..

Curious who we gave away...

an injury history, though. Otherwise, I have always liked him as a pitcher. Hope it's better than the Dave Bush acquisition from a few years back.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Love Marcum, just worried about who they gave up. The Canada connection worries me about Lawrie possibly being involved but I would think that Melvin wouldn't include Lawrie for just Marcum.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

I really like Marcum, just hope we didn't give up too much for him.

He pitched well in the AL East for a couple of years now, so i doubt that we got him for 2-3 fringe prospects. My guess is when the names come out, more people will be unhappy than relieved.

Marcum is a great addition, but as others have obviously said, the prospects leaving are the concern here. Still young-ish, under control for multiple years, and success in the AL and a really tough division..... exactly who you'd like to acquire, but the return for Toronto almost has to start with a guy like Jeffress.

I love adding Marcum, I didn't see this coming at all.

No matter who we gave up, I'm sure it'll draw a mixed reaction from all of us, but that's the nature of trading prospects...none of us will really know if it's a good deal for a while.

Archived