Brewer Fanatic

Brewers do not tender Todd Coffey and Joe Inglett 2011 contracts, both become free agents

And That

The events of yesterday with Hinske staying in Atlanta and Inglett being non-tendered, does allow them to give Gamel enough of a bench role to keep on the roster even if no trade is made to free up an everyday position. Between primary lefty PH, occasional starts at 3rd and RF, and DH'ing in AL parks, they can get close to 300 plate appearances for him and more of course if Fielder gets dealt at the deadline.

Can't argue with these non tenders. Both these guys are on the journeyman roller coaster. Like most relievers, Coffey was good one year, not so good the next. I like Inglett, but he's really doesn't bring much value beyond the major league minimum salary. Both will probably play in the majors somewhere in 2011.

I'll miss Voodoo Joe and his at bat music. He wasn't anything special, but he was the best of a mediocre crop of pinch hitting options. Plus he wore high socks and Bill Hall's old number. How can you not like a guy like that? Based on his success this year he has probably assured himself of a few more years of pinch hitting duty around the league.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived