Brewer Fanatic

Dodgers reach agreement with Juan Uribe

Patrick425

Uribe is a good player. Definite upgrade over Theriot, who will likely be non-tendered now. Good signing for the Dodgers. Big low to the Giants though. They are in desperate need of a SS now for sure. As unlikely as it is, I wonder if they'd kick the tires on Jeter?
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Uribe is a good player. Definite upgrade over Theriot, who will likely be non-tendered now. Good signing for the Dodgers. Big low to the Giants though. They are in desperate need of a SS now for sure. As unlikely as it is, I wonder if they'd kick the tires on Jeter?

According to the ESPN Rumor Blog they have;

Costa reports the San Francisco Giants, who have an opening at shortstop, have been in contact with Jeter's agent, Casey Close, who also represents their catcher, Buster Posey. But they are not seriously pursuing him at the moment and are wary about being used as leverage against the Yankees.

According to the ESPN Rumor Blog they have;

Costa reports the San Francisco Giants, who have an opening at shortstop, have been in contact with Jeter's agent, Casey Close, who also represents their catcher, Buster Posey. But they are not seriously pursuing him at the moment and are wary about being used as leverage against the Yankees.
Well, maybe that thought wasn't as far off as I thought. I still think Jeter is being a little ridiculous by wanting $25 million a year. I think he just needs to come back down to reality a little bit and settle with the Yankees. It would be really funny if he did leave though.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

The deal is for 3 years and $21 million. He's been a decent player the last couple years, but I'd worry giving $7 million a year to a guy with a career .300 OBP. I'm not sure he gets this deal if he didn't come up big in the playoffs.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived