Brewer Fanatic

How high will the Attanasio go?

I'm guessing it will be closer to 175 tops. With Christmas coming up, collectors probably can't get their wife to bid that much, and they gotta buy presents for their kids too. I think a better question is, how much would you pay for a bobble? I think my highest is 75. Twice.

Edit: It's at 178 with 4 days left. Woof!

The most I've ever paid is $40.

I try to rely mostly on trading, but of course, I don't have any of the REALLY rare ones.

Since I started collecting the powder blues and alternate full size bobbles, it made me realize just how much I don't need them bad enough to pay the prices that people want...

If I stumble across a good deal, I'll take advantage, but trading is the way to go.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I'm currently winning at $225, but there is no way it will stay that low. The seller should have sold during the season as he/she would have made much more money.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

I wonder if the value of the Prince bobbles will go down once he is traded or walks as a free agent?

The 03 Prince has a hefty price tag, but I would think that the value is based on his being a brewer.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I don't think the Attanasio will go much higher. It'll end at $270. The Buy-It-Now price was at $100...ok I'm just kidding, I don't know, but if it was, whoever first bid is kicking himself for not getting it at that price.

It reminds me of the time I came across the '03 Prince with a Buy-It-Now of $50 or a starting bid of $9.99. I clicked to BIN as soon as I saw it, but in the process of doing so somebody bid on it and the BIN went away. I was pissed! Then, less than an hour later, the same guy canceled his bid (which re-instated the BIN) and then used the BIN to purchase it. That was the worst! The '03 Prince has always been a hefty price. I eventually got one, but I've been looking to trade mine...I think I only would trade for the Attanasio.

Funny thing...I think they did that with the Windell Middlebrooks Miller High Life bobble. Someone on eBay had a pre-order auction a couple months ago stating he didn't get the bobbles yet since they were still being manufactured. Now you can find them all over eBay, but people are still trying to get around $50 for them. The highest I saw one go was around $120, and now they released a bunch more, dropping the price. I don't know if there is a way to tell the originals from the new ones.

I'm sure if they did the Attanasio it would be dated on the bottom, much like the sliding Bernies are. I have a 2004 Bernie in my collection, and my son has a 2009 and 2010 from his birthdays. I'm not going to fill in the gaps because that is too neurotic!

Yeah they have different years, from 2004 (or 2005) to 2010 currently. The standing Bernie was from the first year they did the birthday club. Since then they've used the same mold every year. I thought they, too, were from the same lot. I don't know why they don't change the bobble...I've taken my son on his birthday for two years and got the same bobble, so it sure would be nice to get a different one. And they probably would make more money off of them if they changed them every year.

I had a chance to buy this one before it hit the bay, but I couldn't agree to the $500 the seller wanted for it. Ridiculous! I wish these would find their way into the collections of real collectors and not money hungry "sports enthusiasts."

He probably got scared that it wasn't being bid up as high as the other one, and decided to keep it. Again I reiterate...I wish these things made it in the hands of real collectors that, no matter how high they sell for, would hold on to them. I don't have one, but if I did I sure wouldn't sell it to make a couple hundred bucks.

• 4 months later...

Archived