Brewer Fanatic

Leslie Nielsen died

Principessa21

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I just want to wish you good luck, Leslie. We're all counting on you.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

"It's the same old story. Boy finds girl, boy loses girl, girl finds boy, boy forgets girl, boy remembers girl, girl dies in a tragic blimp accident over the Orange Bowl on New Year's Day."

Thanks for a lot of laughs.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

When I was in college 20 years ago, Leslie was in Ames, Iowa to promote his latest movie. It was the initial installment of the Naked Gun series. Other than a few posters scattered around campus, the event wasn't really promoted at all. I wanted to go as I was a fan of the "Police Squad" series that didn't last long on ABC, but attended a class instead.

I'm still kicking myself for not going 20 years later. Based on an article in the Iowa State Daily, the event included a sneak peak of the movie and a question and answer session with Leslie. He explained that the movie theatre was a better venue for that type of comedy, as the audience would be locked in for the full term of the film. Commercial breaks and a non-captive audience were one of the reasons that the Police Squad series failed. The success of the Naked Gun series attests to the logic.

Anyone with a copy of Ben Hur should check out the bonus features and see his screen test for one of the main roles.

I'm sorry about the loss of your husband. We would have come earlier but he wasn't dead then.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I hear police work is dangerous

It is, that's why I carry a big gun

Aren't you afraid it might go off accidentally?

I used to have that problem.

Well, what did you do about it?

I just think about baseball.

Nielsen was hilarious no doubt but it was Zucker Abrahams and Zucker that made him funny. Nielsen was a better actor than he was a comedian. Perfect casting, and great commitment on Nielsen's part to just play the role and not try and be funny.

Archived