Brewer Fanatic

Wearing Red at Badger games question

Patrick425

Yesterday my son's friend called and their family has 2 extra tickets to tomorrow's Badger game and have invited me and my son to go with them. I have not been to a badger game since college (over 20 years ago) and my son and I are very excited about it. My concern is that it is going to be cold (high of 32) and neither of us have any badger or any red winter outerwear. There is no way I am sitting in that kind of weather in just layers under a badger sweatshirt and I'm not going to go out and purchase red winter jackets just for this (especially not in the madness of today). My son and I will both be wearing our winter jackets - neither of them are red.

How serious is this wearing red thing? Will we look really out of place or get dirty looks (the jackets are not purple - Northwestern color)? What if we wear red badger hat's? Will that be good enough?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

The S.O.'s sister hasn't found anyone else to go with her tomorrow, so we probably will be there too; and if so I am definitely wearing a black winter jacket because it's my warmest jacket.

At the Ohio State game I wore a (lighter) black jacket plus a Brewers cap, and got no comments at all. As a bonus, it was easier for the S.O. and I (he had a Brewers cap on too) to keep track of each other on the way out of the stadium.

If you are really eager to wear red, get a red poncho to put over your winter coats. That's what the S.O.'s sister is doing because her warmest winter coat is purple.

Have fun!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'll be there tomorrow in hat, gloves, and three long sleeve shirts under a red Badgers sweathshirt. The key is that I'll also have two pairs of socks on and sweatpants/long-johns under my jeans. I expect to be warmer than necessary. I think it's wrong to assume you won't be warm enough in layers given the appropriate corresponding moves. 30-35 degrees isn't exactly 10-15 degrees. I'm trying to convince my girlfriend this same thing -- no coats!
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Very funny this topic came up. My girlfriend, brother and I went to the Indiana game and I wore a jacket that wasn't red. I felt out of place, and almost purchased a jacket just so I could be wearing red. As soon as the rain let up I took off my jacket so I could sport the red colors.

Nobody said anything to me that I wasn't wearing red but to me it felt odd not wearing any when I was at a Badgers game where damn near everyone else was wearing red, or Wisconsin colors.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Or you could yell "home run!" when they cross the goal line.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Thanks for all the help. Sounds like we will be ok in our "non red" Winter jackets. As far as the layering up with no jacket..I'm not a cold weather person AT ALL. I can't imagine myself being "too warm" when it's 32 out. I see people wearing shorts when it's 60 or no jacket when it's 50 and I think they are nuts. I have lived in Wisconsin my whole life, but I will never get used to the cold.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived