Brewer Fanatic

2010 Brewers Clubhouse Sale: December 3-4

hawing

I learned today that the 2010 clubhouse sale is scheduled for Friday-Saturday, December 3-4. I do not have specific hours information, but the hours for each day of the 2009 sale were 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM, so I would be surprised if it were very different for 2010. Usually the Brewers put out a press release a week or so before the sale to confirm such details.

Here are Brewerfan threads on the sales from 2009, 2008, and 2007. Since it's kind of a rummage sale, the selection is different every year; but there are some fairly common themes to each sale, such as:

"Shirsey" tees and similar merchandise for former players. For example, Hoffman gear might be plentiful this go-round. I could get a #25 Doug Davis shirt, if I wanted to relive that part of Sharpie's career.

Other dated stuff: Spring training shirts/caps with the year printed on, probably 40th anniversary-logo merchandise, etc.

Weird stuff that didn't sell: Anyone remember those black lace Brewers caps? They were at the 2008 and 2009 sale. Makes you wonder what the Brewers' buyer was thinking. Among the weird things I've gotten over the years have been a Brewers pop-up hamper (like for laundry) and a Brewers tape measure.

Game-used stuff: Jerseys, bats, batting helmets, caps. This category of merchandise held some pretty nice deals in like 2006; then the Brewers got more popular and game-used stuff got crazy expensive in a hurry. A couple of hundred dollars for the likes of a Batboy or coach's game-worn jersey, with player jerseys higher yet. The weirdest example I observed last year was $1500 for a Counsell jersey. Most jerseys were in the $300-$800 range.

The last few years have also included locker nameplates for players high-profile and low.

Unique stuff: In past years this has included such items as all-star game signage, postseason signage (I still regret missing that), locker room folding chairs, and some really dingy looking plates, mugs and bowls. I suspect the most unique stuff goes to the early arrivers. Coming from a few counties away, I've never been there for the start of a sale, but I know some Brewerfan readers have.

Who knows what 2010 will bring? The Brewers' trash could be your treasure.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'm hoping they have the Hoffman #600 shirt there, as I was at that game.

Last year Narveson's nameplate was in the $10 pile instead of on the wall. I had it in my hand, was going to buy it, and decided not to, really wish I would have. Yet they had Corey Patterson's on the wall for $75, I'll never understand that one.

Those black lace stripper hats were the single most hideous piece of Brewers merchandise I've ever seen.

They do have some really nice deals on clothes. Last year I got a $60 polo shirt for $20, and I picked up a $300 winter coat for $50 for my dad for Christmas.

Here's a Brew Beat blog entry that confirms the 9:00 AM-7:00 PM hours of the sale, and adds more detail:

The

Milwaukee Brewers will host the 30th Annual Clubhouse Sale on Friday,

December 3 and Saturday, December 4 from 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. at Miller Park.

The sale will take place in the visiting clubhouse and fans will

receive savings up to 75% on sale merchandise items.

Just

in time for the holidays, fans can save on Brewers apparel, souvenirs

and specialty items as well as rare, game-used merchandise including

jerseys and bats. The Brewers will also have representatives available

to handle requests for Holiday 4-Packs.

This

year's sale will include hourly drawings inside the Brewers Team Store

by Majestic, located directly across from Friday's Front Row. Prizes

include personalized jerseys, a shopping spree and authentic collections

items. The drawings will take place every two hours on both days from

10 a.m. - 4 p.m. with a limit of one winner per household. In addition,

fans will receive a free gift box with purchases of $200. Also, in

correlation with the recently-completed 40th Anniversary season, every

40th customer at the clubhouse sale on Friday will receive a prize

(while supplies last).

Shoppers

can access the Clubhouse Sale by entering Miller Park at the Hot Corner

entrance near the Brewers Team Store by Majestic and follow the posted

directions to the visiting clubhouse. Cash and credit cards will be

accepted (no personal checks). Admission and parking are both free.

In

addition, children can also have their photo taken with the Klement's

Famous Racing Sausages on Friday from 10 a.m. - noon and with Santa on

Saturday from noon - 2 p.m. at the Brewers Team Store by Majestic. Fans

should bring their own cameras and the photos will be free of charge

with any purchase.

The

Brewers Team Store by Majestic at Miller Park is open Monday through

Saturday from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. For more information, contact the

team store at (414) 902-4750.

Anyone planning to visit the sale on Friday? The S.O. and I have scheduled the day off and hope to be in Milwaukee by mid- to late-morning. (We could come earlier, but if I have to get up at 6:00, it's not a day off.)

Scoffing at the prices for a Mike Burns jersey, a Chris Dickerson game-worn cap or those black lace stripper caps is always more fun with like-minded fans. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Its open 4-6 on Thursday for season ticket holders. My email said to print out the email and bring it to get in.
Yep. I was hoping to take Thursday afternoon off but now I can't leave early enough to make the trip to Milwaukee worthwhile. So Friday it is.

I think it's nice that they give the fans an opportunity to check out the visiting club house. But I think this event would be better served by having it in a more open space. It gets way too crowded in the club house, not to mention that you sometimes have to wait in line just to get in. I think it would be better if they just used the wide open and more spacious basement corridor.

Also, since it's usually cold I am usually wearing a bulky winter jacket which makes the situation worse. At least have some place to hang up your jacket before you go in.

I probably will not go, mainly because of the crowded small space.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Well the good stuff has already been picked over. I got there today at 2:30 and was the first group of 4 o clockers to go down. They also did something new for suite holders, they get in at 3pm. So I'm not entirely sure what they all got.

I scored a Branyan game worn white jersey for $50. The jerseys were way more reasonable then years past, more elite players (Read: On the roster) were $150 - $500. They have a auction outside the clubhouse sale for really awesome stuff (Game worn Young, Braun, Fielder, Hart, Weeks etc). Some CC Sabathia art. Inside there were a bunch of your average deals on various items. No real active players, lot sof Looper/Suppan/Kendall/Bush gear. Hats galore, and a table full of game used bats and score cards.

I scored a Branyan game worn white jersey for $50.
I'd have to recheck the 2009 sale thread to double check, but the Branyans last year were like $300-$350. $50 is both "more like it" and "an insult for one of the greatest men to ever don the Brewers' polyester."

Ehh, I still want to go. We haven't been to Milwaukee since September 26 and I could use a reminder that the ballpark still exists.

There are still some deals to be had... I was there from 4 'til 5:30 or so and the crowd was kinda dying down. Their game used prices have kinda come back down to earth which is nice.

It also seems like they have some nicer "close out" stuff on sale than in years past.. Still a couple ugly things and plenty of JJ jerseys and shirts.

I was tempted on $50 Bush and Hall spring training jerseys. The Hall one was from the 2008 Wild Card season so that was neat. I ultimately put them down as I already have too many from years past. Some game used batting helmets were reasonable. $50 for some... recognizable names are more. They had a Gamel one for $100... not a deal but not totally high either. I almost grabbed a $75 Cameron game used bat... one was especially nice and barely cracked.

I enjoyed the sale today. We were there from about 11:30 to 12:30 and never encountered a line, or particularly large crowds. I never felt like I couldn't move or anything.

I did not see any game-worn jerseys marked as low as $50, so either those went quickly or they were marked differently during the season ticket holder presale (which we were unable to attend). I gave the white game-worn Inglett jersey a longish look, but at $250 (after he was nontendered!) it was easy to say no. If he's on the $50 rack in 2011, then I might be down with it. Jerseys that fit guys like Inglett actually have a chance of fitting me.

The jerseys I saw started at $150 (for the gray Macha) and the priciest one I saw was a Hart for $400. I was kind of surprised to see the Brewers asking $250 for the likes of Mike Burns or David Riske jerseys, but that is slightly better than last year's prices. The selection this year, by the time we arrived at least, didn't include much in the way of never-weres, such as your Winkelsases or Demarias.

There was a decent bat selection, but acquiring bats has never interested me, so I didn't peruse them. There were a few boxes worth of smallish locker nameplates of the past ($5-$10), which is where the has-been/never-were selection really stood out. Quevedo. Mouton (either). L. Lopez. Sanchez. Ritchie. Those brought back some shake-your-head memories, which is entertaining but not necessarily worth $5 (except for the Quevedo, of course, and the Bob Apodaca my brother will be receiving at Christmas http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif).

The locker spaces around the perimeter of the clubhouse were full of former-player tees and some jerseys (as has been mentioned above): Lots of Hardy yet, lots of Looper shirts - I've got to wonder if those ever sold even during the 2009 season - lots of Kendall and Cameron too. There was a locker full of Davis #25 shirts, and even I couldn't bear to part with money for those. The emptiest of these lockers originally held the Edmonds shirts, and the "former catcher roundup" shirts (Zaun and Rivera). There was a locker for McClung shirts, finally, and I was happy to leave that locker a bit more empty.

It seemed like there was more unsold fan clothing (not player tees) than in years past. The cap selection seemed broader too, and while they were pretty much closeout-type styles, nothing was as ugly as the black lace stripper caps of '08 and '09. Some third world country must be tolerating those.

We scored a set of logoed melamine bowls for $15.00 and a 2010 yearbook. We bypassed the logoed titanium patches that the packaging said would give us more energy when applied to our joints, and the stuffed "pizza slices" which made me shake my head when I saw them in the regular team store during the season. We took the phone number of the employee who really, really wanted us to reserve a $100 pair of Miller Park seats. The price isn't beyond us, but we'd have to figure out where on our property they would fit before it really made sense to make the purchase.

I didn't encounter any jaw-dropping steals or truly remarkable merchandise, but I left with more stuff than last year, for less than I paid last year, so I was satisfied; and we were overdue for a day trip to Milwaukee anyway, so it was worth our while. I was hoping to maybe catch a glimpse of the new-scoreboard work, but all I could see from the regular Team Store windows was guys at work underneath the scoreboard's eventual location.

As we waited at the elevator to head out of the service level, who should walk up (to also take the elevator) than Commissioner Selig. He was headed up to the club level for something. We remarked on our way to Gilles for lunch that if Bud was at a club level meeting, he was probably being fed there and wouldn't be eating lunch at Gilles. But then his black Lexus pulled in at Gilles as we were finishing up. We exchanged niceties in the elevator, and he did not make eye contact with anyone at Gilles but Gilles staff. Two brushes with celebrity (albeit the same celebrity) in the space of a couple of hours!

I enjoyed the sale as well, it's always fun to take the day off and visit the ballpark in the middle of winter. Last year I got there right as it opened and waited in line forever to get in, could barely move around inside when we finally got in, and waited in line forever to check out. This year I got there at 10, and there was a huge line waiting to check out, but we got right in. By the time we went to check out, there was no line whatsoever. Much, much nicer.

I was a little disappointed, last year they had a ton of really nice polo shirts for super cheap. I was hoping to get one for my dad for Christmas, but this year they just had one rack of polos, and it was nothing but smalls.

Then I had another idea, I had gotten my dad tickets to a Brewers/Cubs game at Wrigley for his birthday. The Brewers won, and we had a blast. I thought I could get the lineup card from that game and frame it for him. Unfortunately, the game we went to was April 15, and only one left from that series was April 12. So I was 0/2 on gift ideas for pops.

Still, I was able to get a really nice green hoodie, which I tried on when I got home and absolutely love. It's comfortable and fits me perfect. Which is nice, because the only other Brewer hoodies I have are from before I lost some weight, so I'm swimming in them. I also got a powder blue "Brew Crew" t-shirt, which was a really cool design I'd never seen before. I also grabbed pajama pants, boxers, and a Hoffman bighead bobblehead. I can't believe the boxers were originally $20, who would pay that much for one pair of boxers? I guess that's why they were marked down to $5, no one did buy them at that price. The pajama pants were the last pair there, and luckily were actually in my size.

Yes, hawing, going through those nameplates brought back a ton of memories, a lot of "Man, I can't believe we trotted these guys out as starters." Plus, since these were Spring Training nameplates, there were a ton I didn't recognize at all. I can't imagine anyone shelling out $10 for a nameplate of a NRI from years ago. I can't believe they still have some from over 10 years ago. At least those with the '90s crossed bat logo were only $5. Now that I think about it, my dad loved Angel Echevarria for whatever reason, I think he just loved saying his name. I should have checked to see if one of his was in there, he would have gotten a kick out of it.

I stopped by the hats table specifically to see if I could find the stripper hats solely so I could laugh at them again, I was a little disappointed when they weren't there. I actually thought about grabbing the pizza slices for the niece and nephews, but stopped when I saw they were marked $10. I figured something that stupid would be $5 max.

I was a surprised when I saw a replica jersey hanging in one of the lockers and the tag on it was only $25. I turned it around to see the name on the back I figured out why, Hardy. Then I saw there were a couple of lockers full of replica Hardy jerseys. I don't know why they ever bothered manufacturing men's Hardy jerseys, what guy is going to wear one? They must have a ton of them.

my dad loved Angel Echevarria for whatever reason, I think he just loved saying his name. I should have checked to see if one of his was in there, he would have gotten a kick out of it.
This is exactly why I got the Bob Apodaca nameplate for my brother. He worked at a Brewers Radio Network station for at least part of the Apodaca-as-pitching-coach era, and liked to imitate Bob Uecker saying "Baaaaaahb A-po-DA-ca!"

Also, you may not want to know this by now, but I did see an Echevarria nameplate in the $5 box...along with the likes of (among many others) Tyler Houston, Jerry Royster, Eric Young, Paul Bako, Dave Krynzel, Royce Clayton, Ronnie Belliard, David Pember, Sweet Lou Collier, Lenny Harris, Chris Magruder, and the first major leaguer ever named Trent.

I walked out today with 3 large bags. All the player T-shirts (except Hoffman) was marked down to $1. I don't even know what all I grabbed, but I do know there were the likes of Suppan, multiple styles of Hardy, Cameron, Vargas, Kendall, Villy, Stetter, and DD. Some of the hoodies were marked down to $10. I picked up nameplates of Roberto Machado and Dave Mlicki since I have their game jerseys. 2010 Yearbooks were 95 cents.

I grabbed a pretty nice Cameron bat with a small crack in the handle, probably the one decktard was referring to. Picked up a McClung tee, and a put my name down for a pair of seats. The guy said I could probably get a pair with the Miller Park logo on an aisle seat, and am hoping I can get some with padding.

20 minutes after leaving I kicked myself for not getting an Edmonds shirt. I had called my friend who was heading over there after work, but by the time he got there, all the Edmonds were gone.

Archived