Brewer Fanatic

Clint Barmes to Houston for Felipe Paulino

pretendastronaut
The Astros addressed their most glaring offensive need, acquiring middle infielder Clint Barmes from the Colorado Rockies in exchange for righthander Felipe Paulino.

Barmes, a 31-year-old righthanded hitter, had a breakout rookie season in 2005 as the Rockies' starting shortstop but struggled as a sophomore and was injured most of the 2007 season. Since his return, he moved to second base predominantly because of the presence of Troy Tulowitzki and has had an up-and-down career.

Full Story

The Astros addressed their most glaring offensive need, acquiring middle infielder Clint Barmes from the Colorado Rockies...

The "addressed" a need, yet it's still a glaring hole. Barmes has a sub .300 wOBA over the past two seasons. Go Astros!

This really seems like a good deal for Colorado. I think Paulino still has upside.
I agree with you. That's a guy I'm not disappointed to see leave the division.

As for Barmes, although he really isn't you know, that good at baseball, I feel like he's the type of annoying little player that will kill the Brewers. The name just sounds annoying.

Archived