Brewer Fanatic

Losing weight.

bando1234

Over the winter I went from 235 to where I am at 165. Whe I was losing, the biggest thing for me was portion control. When I went to Subway I didn't get the footlong, I got the 6 inch sub. I'd have the bowl at Chipotle instead of the burrito and I'd only eat half of it. When I cooked for myself, I would cook half as much as I used to. Also, I'm a lousy cook, so I really never want to eat very much of what I cook. That was really the catalyst for me. One of the biggest foods for me that helped me lose weight was peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. As long as you don't use too much peanut butter, they're not bad for you.

I cut out fried food all together (french fries) and most backyard food (hamburgers, hot dogs, brats (but I'd still have 1 at Miller Park)). And I stopped eating at the higher fat fast food places. I also cut out drinking soda and only had beer on the weekends.

Also I started working out 5-6 times a week, doing 30 minutes on the treadmill or exercise bike. I haven't lifted nearly as much as I should, but lifting weights helps too.

Losing weight is about changing the way you think and act.

boy, I feel really bad. I'm 34, about 5' 10" and weigh about 175. And I want to lose weight and get back to 160 or lower. Geez, am I shallow. Compared to alot of you that have bigger weight problems than me, I feel like a total heel because I want to drop a few when I'm probably just fine.

Thing is, it really hit me the other night up in Minnesota. My cousin and I had just finished driving the moving truck to move him from Phoenix to Northfield, MN and about 8:30-ish, we decided to go for a walk. About half way through, we passed some high-school-ish girls, sitting on the back of a pickup truck, biding their time. Suddenly, one of them chimes out, "Are you guys bulimic?"

My cousin and I are normal size and weight for our body types (he's 6' 4" or so) but our arms and legs have very little fat on them so they are extremely lean (muscular, but lean). It kinda hit home that maybe I don't look right. Of course, maybe it was just the "Mean Girls" temperment of these ladies.

Anyways, I've got the tire going on, too, and that's all I need to get rid of, I guess. I'm always fairly active; guess I need more activity and less food and/or beer.

Thanks for the advice and listening to me babble.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived