9. Jonny Venters 0-0-1, 1 point

1. Neftali Feliz 20-7-1, 122 points

2. Austin Jackson 8-19-1, 98 points

3. Danny Valencia 0-1-9, 12 points

4. Wade Davis 0-0-11, 11 points

5. John Jaso 0-1-0, 3 points

6. Brennan Boesch 0-0-3, 3 points

7. Brian Matusz 0-0-3, 3 points

Slim pickings in the AL this year, and I don't think you could make a wrong choice in the NL between Posey and Heyward. I tend to lean Heyward due to him doing what he did at 20 years old, but I can understand a vote for Posey. I can't understand the two first place votes for Gaby Sanchez, though.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I read that a Pirates beat writer voted for Tabata & Walker, but not Heyward. It seems every year we're reminded just how crappy this voting really is.
What a fail. I remember one year (2008?) that Haudricourt voted Braun higher than Pujols in MVP voting.

If I were a voter, I'd select Russell Branyan for every award in every league in every sport on every planet in every galaxy in every universe.

I am surprised Axford didn't garner at least one vote somwhere. In terms of sheer production and value to the team I would argue that Axford should be no lower than Sanchez. He was far more valuable to the Brewers than Walker, Castro, Davis, Tabata and Venters were to their respective clubs. And also produced in a higher pressure situations than any of the others, save for maybe Walker who spent time hitting in the #3 spot in the lineup.

Archived